Old pub across from Wilkinsons

terryh

Slightly off topic, but the only other pub, I can remember with revolving doors was the dive bar at the Grand Hotel.

When you think, the city centre has become a sterile and boring place. All the places with character have gone.

Correct Elmambo - I used to go in that bar too -I believe the proper name was the roundabout bar. I also can't think of any other pub which had them.

Fully agree that all the character has gone from the city centre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Depoix: "the bell had rotating doors it was close to the o;d g p o building across the road,the other side of the square was the elephant pub"

Sorry Depoix,

I used The Bell a lot between 1962 & 1972 and there were never revolving doors during that time although I had some good sessions in there which left my head spinning so much that it would have been easy to believe that the doors were revolving.

never been a pub opposite wilkinsons mate you must be mistaken all there has ever been is the yorkshire bank(take it you are on about hillsborough wilko's)

No, Haymarket - halfway up between the Markets and Fitzalan square.

Archived