Purchasing Contraceptives

So... do you get embarrassed?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. So... do you get embarrassed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I couldn't possibly say....

Are you the type of person who finds the act of purchasing contraceptives an embarrassing situation? (I have included a poll, so if you are indeed embarrassed, fear not, it's anonymous).

The reason I have brought up this question, I saw a couple loitering in the supermarket the other day and was baffled as to why they were looking sheepish. It wasn't until I saw what shelf they were hovering around that I realised they were trying to slyly place a box of condoms in their trolley. I was amazed that they were so embarrassed to pick up a box in the presence of other customers. I have no idea how they coped when they checkout person scanned them.

So, over to you..... discuss!

They shouldnt charge for contraceptive!! Most young people may not be able to afford it, so it will be less likely for them to go and get it. And to go to their local clinic can be v embarrassing. I think it should be free!!

Who shouldn't charge? Who is this "they" I keep hearing about?

I am not embarrassed - I ordered contraceptive tablets over the phone at work for all to hear! However, I was slightly embarrassed when I bumped into my friend in Sainsburys and we went through the check out together. Between the two of us we had a bottle of vodka (mine), tub of Vaseline (mine), and a pregnancy test (definately not mine!). I wonder what the check out lady must have thought?

They shouldnt charge for contraceptive!! Most young people may not be able to afford it, so it will be less likely for them to go and get it. And to go to their local clinic can be v embarrassing. I think it should be free!!

I thought Family Planning clinics gave them away for free?

I am not embarrassed - I ordered contraceptive tablets over the phone at work for all to hear! However, I was slightly embarrassed when I bumped into my friend in Sainsburys and we went through the check out together. Between the two of us we had a bottle of vodka (mine), tub of Vaseline (mine), and a pregnancy test (definately not mine!). I wonder what the check out lady must have thought?

Good job you didn't have any Pot Noodles.:hihi:

I don't get embarrassed at all, apart from the very first time I bought them...

It was back when I was still a virgin, and I was well exited. Unfortunately I was not aware that one of my girlfriend's close friends worked in the pharmacy I went to, and I didn't notice until I had placed them on the counter right in front of her!:blush:

She didn't say a word, but was smiling ear to ear as she handed me my change.

Needless to say, my girlfriend and all of her friends were well aware of what I'd done the next day at school:(.

One of the most embarrassing moments of my life!

Archived