Purchasing Contraceptives

So... do you get embarrassed?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. So... do you get embarrassed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I couldn't possibly say....

Nah not embarrassed about buying condoms at all. Theres nothing to be embarrassed about. People have sex :o I know thats shocking to people but we do. I think its great when you see people buying condoms coz I think thank god there are some sensible people out there!!!!

There might be some people who wait for a crowd before buying them just to give the impression that they are having sex. Their wheelie bins could be full of them.

Not a problem for me personally, I've been to the clinic a number of times both alone and with friends, its not really too much of a problem.

However, I can also understand why some people do find it difficult. My friend grew up and his mum NEVER spoke to him about sex, it was very much a taboo subject in their household, and naturally this transferred into him. Whereas my parents were very open and honest with anything I asked them.

Back in the sixties I worked for a while at a branch of Boots. They were'nt out on display on the shelves then and you had to ask at the counter where they were in a drawer marked "Nocturnal Accessories". :hihi:

Yes but not as much as I get embarrassed buying sanitary products.

I dont know whether I'm imagining it but I think you always get a sympathetic "menstruating, are we love" face of the counter person. Who always happens to be a man.

My bold

How on earth will you cope when you get to the Tena Lady stage??? :hihi:

As a lesbian, I've never needed to purchase condoms, so can't say if I'd be embarrassed or not - but I think it would probably be "not".

Archived