Purchasing Contraceptives

So... do you get embarrassed?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. So... do you get embarrassed?

• Yes
    • No
    • I couldn't possibly say....

So it seems the majority of us are not at phased by purchasing "something for the weekend" over the counter/off the shelf.

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I purchased any with the weekly shop, there always used to be a very attractive young female on the checkout. Some sort of conspiracy or what?!

:hihi: you didnt have to go to that one though, did you :suspect:

Are you the type of person who finds the act of purchasing contraceptives an embarrassing situation? (I have included a poll, so if you are indeed embarrassed, fear not, it's anonymous).

The reason I have brought up this question, I saw a couple loitering in the supermarket the other day and was baffled as to why they were looking sheepish. It wasn't until I saw what shelf they were hovering around that I realised they were trying to slyly place a box of condoms in their trolley. I was amazed that they were so embarrassed to pick up a box in the presence of other customers. I have no idea how they coped when they checkout person scanned them.

So, over to you..... discuss!

I think the embarrassment of buying condoms is that they scream 'casual sex', most established relationships use other forms of contraception.

I think the embarrassment of buying condoms is that they scream 'casual sex', most established relationships use other forms of contraception.

Who scream, the condoms or the checkout assistant? :D

Seriously, I think you are right. I believe people feel self conscious about their purchase for that exact reason. The fear of being judged by the person at the checkout.

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I purchased any with the weekly shop, there always used to be a very attractive young female on the checkout. Some sort of conspiracy or what?!

That's so that they can measure you to make sure you're buying the right size! :hihi:

I use them even though I'm on the pill and I've been with haddock for nearly two years. (woah :wow: ) but that's not 'cos I think he's got anything icky that I might catch, it's purely because I like to make DOUBLE sure I am not going to end up "with child", so basically I'm motivated by utter fear! :hihi:

Archived