Sheffield Corporation Sunday Bus tours in the 60's

you have the wrong tour the strines tour stopped at bolsterstone above stosksbridge but i think std.did another trip perhaps that was it I once went in to work to do the manchester trip for my day off but that board was jelously guarded and the conductress named harriot wouldnt show me the route

you have the wrong tour the strines tour stopped at bolsterstone above stosksbridge but i think std.did another trip perhaps that was it I once went in to work to do the manchester trip for my day off but that board was jelously guarded and the conductress named harriot wouldnt show me the route

Hi 3dogs,

I was fully aware of the Strines/ Lakeland Tour, having been on it in the early 60's. I was just following up on the thread, "Sheffield Corporation Sunday Bus Tours in the 60's.

I hadn't seen anyone post about the Sunday tour that I went on around 1961 which had a refreshment break at Monsal Head. I was interested to find out if anyone else had been on that tour, or had any details about it.

Archived