Dixon lane memories

ALIPOPS

A proper character indeed, and a clever bloke. Passed his 11-plus and went to King Ted's in 1953 but he suddenly "left"...:(
i dont think anyone can knock him for hard work, he stands by his stall in all weathers, always looking to make a shilling wherever he goes

I remember the stallholder selling tomatoes, 'bob a paand, paand a bob' my mum used to annoy him by insisting her toms came from his best ones on display at the front, not the grotty ones where he was. She was merciless when it came to shopping, she would take a dodgy spud back, shopkeepers earned their living with hard up housewives then!

I remember when I worked at C&A's going down Dixon Lane with my mates at the time in our lunch break and flirting with the market lads.....I remember one in particular called Terry ;) he was a hunk if there ever was one.

Not half. Nobody would mess with Big Ada. She has her own thread here.

My dad was a taxi driver and Big Ada would often request him to drive her to her "shops":heyhey: Anyway my mum wasent to happy about it but dad used to say "leave it ok,she is fine and always tips well" mmmm:wink: Will read the thread now...Dident know there was one..cheers...

I remember when I worked at C&A's going down Dixon Lane with my mates at the time in our lunch break and flirting with the market lads.....I remember one in particular called Terry ;) he was a hunk if there ever was one.
did you work at c&a with a woman called amy shore? she worked there since way before i was born

did you work at c&a with a woman called amy shore? she worked there since way before i was born

1957 to 1960 I was there.(then I got the sack):roll:....and we were all Miss or Mrs something or other. I vaguely remember a Miss Shaw, think she was blonde, but can't be absolutely sure. ........

1957 to 1960 I was there.(then I got the sack):roll:....and we were all Miss or Mrs something or other. I vaguely remember a Miss Shaw, think she was blonde, but can't be absolutely sure. ........
that may well be her, she worked there from leaving school right upto retirement, its my aunt

Yep, Keith Sidney Littlewood, complsive gambler and good grafter, he has been at it for years.

Used to see him lose loadsa dosh in Faulkners in the 70s to a guy called John Young(he was thinner than the cue)then bad mouth him,was quite funny really yet always came back for more.

there was a family friend also worked there for years called bertha, im not too sure of her surname though

Archived