Help needed to find my dad, Mick Cassidy

mrs.m

from what my mums said he has tried to get in touch many times and sent money for me but she told him to go away, my eldest sister knows all about it and told me to keep away but im a grown women now i can handle it, i darnt ask my mum i dont want to upset her, she is really ill, just been told she hasnt got long left, im devasted. but i dont know why but i have a feeling this situation needs sorting before its too late. im sorry to burden you all with my troubles but i just hoped someone will know him, thanks x
My bold

What do you mean by this? If you have hopes of finding your dad and then arranging a reconciliation with your mum before she dies (which is how I read it), then I think you need to tread very carefully indeed.

If your mum wanted to see him, she'd have been in contact with him before now. If she does want to see him now, she'll say so.

Whatever your reasons for wanting to find your dad, it can surely wait for a while, after so many years? Why don't you consider leaving the search for your dad for now and concentrate on spending time with your mum?

My bold

What do you mean by this? If you have hopes of finding your dad and then arranging a reconciliation with your mum before she dies (which is how I read it), then I think you need to tread very carefully indeed.

If your mum wanted to see him, she'd have been in contact with him before now. If she does want to see him now, she'll say so.

Whatever your reasons for wanting to find your dad, it can surely wait for a while, after so many years? Why don't you consider leaving the search for your dad for now and concentrate on spending time with your mum?

no thats not what i ment, what i ment by that is i want some answers thats all, i would never take mick to my mum, never, my dad is still alive and all this will break his heart, thinking about it i may leave this alone for now i think mum and dad are going through enough at the moment, im just so confused on what to do, i think i will sleep on this and think long and hard for i go any further, thanks for the advice dozy x

You could look up any Cassidy's in the local phone book and ring them asking if they know of a Mick? If he lives in Shiregreen, he'll probably be listed anyway. Be careful though, if he's an old bloke, it could give him a real shock. And if he's married with family, he might not appreciate his private affairs being broadcast on a public forum?

As Dozy said, maybe this isn't the ideal time to start looking for lost relatives.

Best of luck with the search and your mum's health. :thumbsup:

eta there is M Cassidy listed but it's S5, is that Shiregreen?

You could look up any Cassidy's in the local phone book and ring them asking if they know of a Mick? If he lives in Shiregreen, he'll probably be listed anyway. Be careful though, if he's an old bloke, it could give him a real shock. And if he's married with family, he might not appreciate his private affairs being broadcast on a public forum?

As Dozy said, maybe this isn't the ideal time to start looking for lost relatives.

Best of luck with the search and your mum's health. :thumbsup:

eta there is M Cassidy listed but it's S5, is that Shiregreen?

yep S5 is shiregreen

Archived