BBC Children In Need - an undeserving charity?

And no, we can't prove that the presenters/celebrities don't get paid to take part, it's not something anyone's ever going to admit to is it? Doesn't mean they don't though, just depends on what you want to believe.

You can't prove that you're not a child molester, but that's no reason why I should accuse you of being one.

Pay z list celebrities? Any proof of this? As far as i know they do it for free/publicity/public goodwill.

Apparently, only Wogan receives a fee.

Have you heard of Baby P?

Children in Need didn't prevent that either.

Never thought I would agree with Gordon, but hey I do!

I guess it's inevitable if you post on here long enough (statistical probabilities and all that).

Even if presenters/entertainers are paid then the beeb will fund that out of their wage remit.

What's a wage remit?

I don't have a problem with it, other than the same self satisfied faces appearing every year showing how wonderfully giving of their time they are, and the fact that they always have to beat last year's total - why? Isn't £20,000,000 enough, and the fact that there are many other worthwhile causes that don't get a look in on the BBC, but their own charity gets hundreds of free hours airtime over its various channels and radio stations - would far happier donate to the Kids Scanner Appeal on Radio Sheffield than to Children in Need nationally

Apart from that I don't have a problem with it

Archived