BBC Children In Need - an undeserving charity?

Fury as bbc charity cash goes to criminals

By Rod Mills

THE BBC was criticised last night for giving £140,000 raised for Children In Need to Scottish projects benefiting teenage criminals, travellers and young gays and lesbians.

The Pudsey Bear campaign is one of the most high profile events in the charity calendar, attracting support from stars from the worlds of entertainment, sport and politics.

The Scottish section of last November’s appeal, presented by Jackie Bird, featured appearances by Coronation Street’s Gray O’Brien, Doctor Who actor David Tennant and Hollywood star Gerard Butler and raised £1.6million towards the £20million UK total.

But there was anger after it emerged part of the cash was used to back a project teaching young offenders how to make gifts for their victims.

Shetland Arts Development Agency received a grant of almost £27,000 to hire an “arts and restorative justice worker” for its “space2face” scheme. According to the job description they will work 16 hours a week to “facilitate young person responsible for causing harm in creating a gift of artwork, and where appropriate, to facilitate the presenting of that artwork to the person/s harmed”.

But Scottish Tory community safety spokesman Bill Aitken said: “I am all for reparations to the victims of crime and I think offenders should be encouraged to attempt to make amends in this manner. I doubt, however, if many of the donors to Children In Need envisaged the money being spent in this way.”

And Fyne Families in Lochgilphead, Argyll, received almost £40,000 to “build the self esteem and confidence” of children, mothers and toddlers from the travelling community through after school clubs and outdoor activities.

LGBT Youth Scotland Glasgow was given over £72,000 to “reduce feelings of isolation and exclusion” among homosexual youngsters raising further questions over the use of BBC viewers’ money.

Laura Midgley, of the Campaign Against Political Correctness, said: “I’m sure donors will be surprised to find projects like this are receiving funding, especially in the current climate.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/194946/Fury-as-BBC-charity-cash-goes-to-criminals

The bloated, wasteful BBC giving Children In Need donations funding to trendy (amongst wealthy middle-class liberals) causes. What a surprise!

It's that time of year again. Once more we're being pressurised into giving money we can ill afford to charities who don't deserve it. This year let's keep our hands in our pockets!

No one is forcing you to part with your money :loopy: Just because you don't think it's a worthwhile charity, I suggest you stop forcing your opinion on everyone else by asking them not to donate.

You get up in the morning and there's a charity bag in the letter box. You go into town and the vultures are rattling their tins.You switch on the tv and there's z-list nobodies ordering ya to send in ya cash.You open your wage slip and ya taxes are shipped away to feed the never ending sob stories around the world.Life is one big scrounge-a-thon.

If people only have a limited amount to give to charity then Children In Need is actually taking money away from other charities, which is unfair on more deserving causes who lack Children In Need's vast resources and media contacts to get their message across.

It's up to you if you donate but personally I think there are more worthy causes than Terry Wogan's bank account.

If people only have a limited amount to give to charity then Children In Need is actually taking money away from other charities, which is unfair on more deserving causes who lack Children In Need's vast resources and media contacts to get their message across.

Such evidence as there is,though, suggests that this is not the case. Widely-publicised campaigns such as this one actually produce more money for the total charity pot; even though, as a side-effect, that pot is heavily skewed in favour of the charity that's getting the publicity.

There may well be more deserving causes than the particular way in which Children In Need's funds are distributed; but I doubt you would find anybody willing to stand up and say "there are more deserving causes than needy children."

The multi-millionaire parasites who run the BBC see 'Children In Need' as a massive annual propaganda exercise that gives the Corporation a much needed humanitarian makeover, dwarfing the efforts of the majority of charity organisations that work 365 days a year for their cause. Be in no doubt - 'Children In Need' is simply about making the BBC, and its overpaid luvvie 'talent', look good.

I won't give a single penny to the BEEB. Nor its slick begging operation where the super wealthy make the poor feel guilty for not contributing to trendy middle-class liberal causes.

Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn!!!

I wonder how many of you lot have benefitted, or know someone who has benefitted directly/indirectly from Children in Need.

I get really wound up with people who make it their mission to discredit/drag down charitable organisations. If you don't believe in the cause/or are too tight to donate, then don't donate. Simple!!

Fury as bbc charity cash goes to criminals

By Rod Mills

Wow, a rant by a gypsy hating homophobic biggot. I'm sold ;)

It's quite ironic that the needy and vulnerable that you claim to be defending against the evils of the BBC suddenly become the evils themselves by virtue of recieving help from Children In Need.

If you could stoop any lower you'd be underground.

Archived