BBC Children In Need - an undeserving charity?

I get really wound up with people who make it their mission to discredit/drag down charitable organisations. If you don't believe in the cause/or are too tight to donate, then don't donate. Simple!!

I get really wound up when my friends and family, who are forced by law to pay the BBC TV licence fee (£145.50 per year) find that their Friday night viewing on BBC 1 is all about super rich BBC employee's slapping themselves on the back for being so generous to 'charidee' and demand that the poor contribute to their pet cause. Disgusting.

There should be a BBC TV licence fee discount for the millions of viewers turned off by super rich 'celebs' dictating to the poor how they should spend their meagre income during a time of recession.

I get really wound up with people who make it their mission to discredit/drag down charitable organisations.

The BBC is a charitable organisation? Can you name another so-called 'charity' that invades the homes of law-abiding citizens, and insists on searching each room to check if they are using its poor quality services?

I'm pretty sure that by throwing money at charities it will enable them to employ carers to take these children out of the current predicament? I don't think the general idea is to knock at children's houses and wave £50 notes in their face.

It is somewhat cringe worthy, but I'd rather we help our own kids in trouble before sending money to Africa where it will be used to further increase the fortune of corrupt officials.

Can't the carers work for free, it's for a charitable cause?

I don't get paid for looking after my crumb snatchers :)

They should plunder our good nature for man power rather than money.

Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn!!!

I wonder how many of you lot have benefitted, or know someone who has benefitted directly/indirectly from Children in Need.

I get really wound up with people who make it their mission to discredit/drag down charitable organisations. If you don't believe in the cause/or are too tight to donate, then don't donate. Simple!!

Just because it's for charidee doesn't mean it's a good cause. For example, is a charity that promises money to starving kids in Africa but actually sends it to corrupt African government officials a good cause? (wasn't that what happened with Live Aid?). You can bet your bottom dollar that millions of the money raised today will disappear either abroad or in mysterious administration costs.

You can donate to charity any time you like, you shouldn't be pressurised into doing so one day a year by failed celebrities and morons on the street dressed as bears.

I get really wound up when my friends and family, who are forced by law to pay the BBC TV licence fee (£145.50 per year) find that their Friday night viewing on BBC 1 is all about super rich BBC employee's slapping themselves on the back for being so generous to 'charidee' and demand that the poor contribute to their pet cause. Disgusting.

There should be a BBC TV licence fee discount for the millions of viewers turned off by super rich 'celebs' dictating to the poor how they should spend their meagre income during a time of recession.

Simple.... don't watch. End of!

Just because it's for charidee doesn't mean it's a good cause. For example, is a charity that promises money to starving kids in Africa but actually sends it to corrupt African government officials a good cause? (wasn't that what happened with Live Aid?). You can bet your bottom dollar that millions of the money raised today will disappear either abroad or in mysterious administration costs.

You can donate to charity any time you like, you shouldn't be pressurised into doing so one day a year by failed celebrities and morons on the street dressed as bears.

Got evidence to support your claims?

You are not being pressurised into donating money. You can simply ignore if you don't wish to get involved.

Terry Wogan will be begging, pleading and angrily demanding that the recession hit UK digs deep into its pockets and funds those charities that the massively politically correct BBC considers to be worthwhile - at the expense of other, less politically correct charities that work tirelessly all year round. Just so that Wogan can triumphantly beat last years donation total. Hurrah!

A super wealthy multi-millionaire, with a personal fortune of more than £20million, he has never felt the need to justify his astronomical wages because he reckons he earns every single penny of the riches! Wogan's life of luxury is a world away from that of the majority of 'Children In Need' viewers. Terry is yet another BBC hypocrite, grown fat on the licence fee, and so arrogant that he believes the 'little people' owe him a super extravagant lifestyle...

Terry Wogan will be begging, pleading and angrily demanding that the recession hit UK digs deep into its pockets and funds those charities that the massively politically correct BBC considers to be worthwhile - at the expense of other, less politically correct charities that work tirelessly all year round. Just so that Wogan can triumphantly beat last years donation total. Hurrah!

A super wealthy multi-millionaire, with a personal fortune of more than £20million, he has never felt the need to justify his astronomical wages because he reckons he earns every single penny of the riches! Wogan's life of luxury is a world away from that of the majority of 'Children In Need' viewers. Terry is yet another BBC hypocrite, grown fat on the licence fee, and so arrogant that he believes the 'little people' owe him a super extravagant lifestyle...

To be fair, this is a rant about the BBC as opposed to charity. We all know about your unbalanced views re: the beeb :suspect:

Simple.... don't watch. End of!

I never watch the BBC 'live'. That fact doesn't stop the BEEB sending its henchmen found to my home, banging loudly on doors and windows at all hours, demanding to be given entry to search through my property.

The BBC, and everything it touches, is pure poison.

Archived