Are you a Corbett?

Coverall

Hello all,

I am helping my father-in-law research his family tree and I have hit a brick wall.

I am researching the surname Corbett and have managed to track them down as far back as the late 1700's but I am having more trouble with the later years.

The family is Sheffield based and lived for a long time around the Lydgate Lane area of Crookes. If you think this maybe your family or you know someone with that surname and they know a bit of their family history please send them my way.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hello all,

I am helping my father-in-law research his family tree and I have hit a brick wall.

I am researching the surname Corbett and have managed to track them down as far back as the late 1700's but I am having more trouble with the later years.

The family is Sheffield based and lived for a long time around the Lydgate Lane area of Crookes. If you think this maybe your family or you know someone with that surname and they know a bit of their family history please send them my way.

Thanks in advance

Andy

My grandmother's maiden name was Corbett and was from the Lydgate Lane area too. One of my sister's is well into the family tree and I have phoned her to tell her of your thread. Hopefully she will get on to you.

cheers.

Dear Andy

We were contacted by Jeanette Jessup that you are looking for Corbetts originally from Lydgate Lane in Sheffield.

She tells us that you may be looking for relatives of Herbert Corbett and although I never knew him (he died before I was born) he was my grandfather.

My father was Ernest Corbett.

Regards

Peter

Archived