Carlisle Street Swinton, haunted?

Is it possible to form a serious ghost club?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible to form a serious ghost club?

• Yes
    • No

I'm looking to set up a ghost club that debunks suppossed local haunted locations. Can anyone tell me why or by who/what Carlisle Street in Swinton is haunted. I went there a while ago and felt nothing. The only thing i can find is a small feature about some sightings of someone in Victorian dress.

Cheers for that TerryH. I can't work out why people say it's haunted. A few local ghost clubs claim it is, but i can't see how or why.

maybe comply a list and we will be able to digest where in Sheffield maybe haunted for further investigation :D

I am a member of Project Reveal and we went to this location. Personally I do not think its haunted as ppl claim just an erie atmosphere. In fact no where that we have investigated so far to me is "Haunted" maybe has paranormal activity but not haunted.

There is a massive difference between a place thats is meant to be haunted and a place thats said to have paranormal activity. We take a more scientific view on our investigations and the footage we have and put together is for entertainment and other people to make up their own minds.

• 3 years later...

does anyone know what the disused industrial site at the end of carlisle street used to be? i spotted it on google earth and thought i'd have a nosey but when i got there the road was closed where it goes under the railway bridge. there is obviously some construction work going on there. :mad:

---------- Post added 07-01-2013 at 19:35 ----------

I am a member of Project Reveal and we went to this location. Personally I do not think its haunted as ppl claim just an erie atmosphere. In fact no where that we have investigated so far to me is "Haunted" maybe has paranormal activity but not haunted.

There is a massive difference between a place thats is meant to be haunted and a place thats said to have paranormal activity. We take a more scientific view on our investigations and the footage we have and put together is for entertainment and other people to make up their own minds.

i've been to many eerie places but the only two definite paranormal experiences were the poltergeist at the derelict WMC near barnburgh colliery which threw a plank of wood at my mate and a very clear apparition which appeared in a photograph of me at sandal castle.

try telling that to anyone who wasn't there though, you show them a real photo of a ghost and they say that's just a fat bloke standing there!

Come along and find out what Psychic Suzanne Gill has to say, her unexplainable skills of communicating with spirits from beyond the grave will be exercised on Wed 30th January 2013. Enjoy a scrumptious two course buffet and an astounding show of natural Psychic skills for only £10 per person. For more information please contact Jenny or Laurence on 0114 2757433 Over 18s only New members please bring photo ID on arrival

Archived