Couple held captive by somalian pirates?

The UK government hasn't. Private business has.

Do you have proof to the contrary?

*****? Whats ****?

No, but then I cant be bothered to look!

Let private business pay for them in that case, or get the governments to order private businesses to stop forking out for nicked cargo. It merely encourages more of the same.

but they DO pay for cargo... we see images on the news if dosh being parachuted to them.

The "they" are not the Government - "they" are the idiot owners of the ships/cargo, who are private individuals trying to recover their own property.

If they hadn't coughed up the money, the piracy problem wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is. Nobody is going to waste their time and effort capturing ships if they get no reward for it.

At the moment the Navies that are patrolling can't take any strong action becuase they have no legality, when they find pirates red handed, they eventually have to let them go, if they throw their weapons overboard at the last moment, they can't even be taken into custody. This needs to change.

• Start blowing them out of the water just like they did in the old pirate days
  • Have bait ships not filled with cargo but with an crew of Special Forces ready to shoot anybody that steps on board
  • Have loads of remote control ships. When they're attacked and the pirates on board, remotely blow it up and send it to the bottom of the sea

At the moment the Navies that are patrolling can't take any strong action becuase they have no legality, when they find pirates red handed, they eventually have to let them go, if they throw their weapons overboard at the last moment, they can't even be taken into custody. This needs to change.

• Have bait ships not filled with cargo but with an crew of Special Forces ready to shoot anybody that steps on board
  • Have loads of remote control ships. When they're attacked and the pirates on board, remotely blow it up and send it to the bottom of the sea

I like your style :)

I like the cut of your gibb. If it were me having to negotiating the seas where these rotters ply their trade I'd have half a dozen heavily armed Blackwater employees on board to dispatch them when they got within 50 yards of the vessle.

love your ideas, they should be considered, but in the mean time i stick to my suggestion, send several thousand somalians back in return for our 2!

Archived