Tory opinion poll lead shrinks from 20% to just 6% in 1 year

I think you will find that Blair also promised a free vote on hunting with dogs.

It doesn't concern me that Cameron and Osborne can't run a whelk stall, just so long as they can run the country. That is something that Brown and Darling have proved time and time again that they cannot do.

If fox hunting is/was such a big thing that needs to be banned, why is it still legal in Northern Ireland?

Also, there was no free vote as Blair enacted the parliament act to force it through the House of Lords, who had refused to pass it in its (then) present form.

Where have the tories said they will put up VAT? I have only seen denials. Or are you quoting Ed Balls?

Having said that I agree with your conclusion either way! Us lot will end up paying one way or another.

They can deny it all they want. Parties usually say they "have no plans" to put some such tax up but when in power they suddenly change their minds.

They can deny it all they want. Parties usually say they "have no plans" to put some such tax up but when in power they suddenly change their minds.

I note that Labour are saying they have no plans to introduce legislation to slay the first born. Well they would wouldn't they?

So you no evidence, no details and no mention of this supposed increase in tax but someone thinks they might do it so they will.

Well I think the labour party will start eating babies a'la The Baby eating Bishop of Bath and Wells. That doesn’t mean it will happen, nor does it mean my accusation should be considered an inevitability.

Where have the tories said they will put up VAT? I have only seen denials. Or are you quoting Ed Balls?

Flashbacks to 1979 and the Daily Mail's headline about 10 (or was it 12) labour lies about the Tories in the lead up to the election - including labours claim at the time about a hike in VAT.

I note that Labour are saying they have no plans to introduce legislation to slay the first born. Well they would wouldn't they?

Tories have previous in this respect, Labour doesn't.

(thats lying about VAT increases, not slaying children obviously)

Flashbacks to 1979 and the Daily Mail's headline about 10 (or was it 12) labour lies about the Tories in the lead up to the election - including labours claim at the time about a hike in VAT.

The tories also said they had "no plans" to raise prescription charges, it was about the first thing they did when in office.

Labours 2005 manifesto said we would have a referendum on the EU constitution :suspect:

Labour's 1997 Manifesto promised legislation would be passed to force pubs to serve full measure pints. 13 years later we are still waiting.

Archived