The Iraq Inquiry - another whitewash?

It's an interesting development.

Haven't followed it closely but from the snippet I caught on the news last night it seems the security services confirmed 10 days before invasion that they didn't believe there were any WMD, or any serious threat to the UK.

With that in mind it seems like it's going to be quite hard to explain how Lord Hutton came to the conclusion that the evidence of WMDs hadn't been "sexed up", but had merely been "altered" subconsciously.

Levy bought Bliar for and on behalf of the Zionist Lobby, Bliar fulfilled his obligations to that Lobby. The consequences for future British policy and diplomacy in the region, the lives and limbs and British Forces not to mention the million innocent Iraqi civillians killed were but of secondary importance at best.

Con Friends of Israel have bought and paid for Cameron so we must be prepared for UK interests to take a back seat to Israel's.

Levy bought Bliar for and on behalf of the Zionist Lobby, Bliar fulfilled his obligations to that Lobby. The consequences for future British policy and diplomacy in the region, the lives and limbs and British Forces not to mention the million innocent Iraqi civillians killed were but of secondary importance at best.

Con Friends of Israel have bought and paid for Cameron so we must be prepared for UK interests to take a back seat to Israel's.

Oh god, not the old zionist conspiracy rubbish.

@Peter Parker - Who cares? I do. I may be alone, but I am fairly confident of having company. To uphold a moral standpoint, as our politicians claim to, one has to act in a moral manner. Initiating war on shakey foundations; with spurious claims; unsubstantiated intelligence and possibly clandestine and covert motivations could not really be seen as upholding the moral high ground.

who cares? i mean really, who cares?

I do, considering the number of lives lost (on both sides) and the cost. I would imagine most people are at the very least, concerned.

iraqs ,all they have ever done is butcher each other.

Iraq is regarded as one of the cradles of civilisation, which would seem to be at odds with your statement.

@Peter Parker - Who cares? I do. I may be alone, but I am fairly confident of having company. To uphold a moral standpoint, as our politicians claim to, one has to act in a moral manner. Initiating war on shakey foundations; with spurious claims; unsubstantiated intelligence and possibly clandestine and covert motivations could not really be seen as upholding the moral high ground.

I really wouldn't have minded regime change in Iraq if only the Politicians had been honest about it, rather than telling ridiculous porkies about WMDs and terrorist threats.

If you need any proof that the Iraq inquiry is certain to be a whitewash, you only have to look at the agreed timescales.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8380139.stm

"March 2010: Inquiry expected to adjourn ahead of the general election campaign

July-August 2010: Inquiry expected to resume"

So they're going to bury the unpleasant truth about how NuLabour lied and cheated so that it won't harm Brown's chances of getting elected? If that's not proof that those heading the inquiry are in NuLabour's pockets, I don't know what is.

we judge ourselfs to an impossible standard. i could not beleive we wnt to war in iraq. however now its done its time to help heal and support them. not waste time on whats done. only an idiot would want a world with saddam in it.

If you need any proof that the Iraq inquiry is certain to be a whitewash, you only have to look at the agreed timescales.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8380139.stm

"March 2010: Inquiry expected to adjourn ahead of the general election campaign

July-August 2010: Inquiry expected to resume"

So they're going to bury the unpleasant truth about how NuLabour lied and cheated so that it won't harm Brown's chances of getting elected? If that's not proof that those heading the inquiry are in NuLabour's pockets, I don't know what is.

No conspiracy that is simply because of the rules on "purdah" that apply to Civil Servants and Government bodies to prevent interference in electoral processes.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/47392/Purdah_18887-13975__E__N__S__W__.pdf

who cares? i mean really, who cares? iraqs ,all they have ever done is butcher each other.

I care and would dearly like to see Tony Blair indicted for what I believe was a cynical deception of Parliament and the country.

Much more important though are the ongoing cares of the families of British service personnel and civilians killed and maimed in Iraq and the families of the Iraqi civilians who suffered the same fate at the hands of British forces in Iraq.

Robin Cook was right. The pity is he is now not able to contribute to this inquiry.

Archived