25/11 - FOLKIN' SHEFFIELD @ the Green Room

FranceStyria

FOLKIN' SHEFFIELD XI...

What a night this will be! Folkin' Sheffield this week features a stellar line-up of South Yorkshire's finest singer/songwriters.

-CARL WOODFORD

myspace.com/carlwoodford

“It’s almost as if Woodford grows another pair of arms, using the guitar as a percussion instrument whilst simultaneously playing chords. Definitely a sight to see”

(Review of “Acoustic Mafia Night” – Stone Roses Bar, York – February 2006) – Dave Wright - Sandman Magazine & Talk Magazine

“He's awesome I hear from behind me and quite frankly he is”.

(Review of Beached 2005 – South Bay Beach, Scarborough – August 2005) – Michelle Dee – This is Ull.com

“With songs so delicious, names like Nick Drake and Jose Gonzalez instantly came to mind in comparison and as sure as Tom never catches Jerry can this guy play his guitar with the fluidity of a hot soothing shower”

(Review of Turn of The Year 2006 Final – The Golden Lion, York – March 2006) – Marbled – Talk Magazine

-RICHARD KITSON

myspace.com/richardkitson

“His inventive finger-picking and slide guitar work underlines a quality of musicianship others can only hope to aspire to, and his breed of blues folk must be seen to be truly appreciated”. Plug, Sheffield.

Richard Kitson is a folk/blues singer from Barnsley and has a great guitar style that works on Jesse Fuller style songs like “Redundant Blues” and the more traditional Mississippi style of “Waited So Long”. A great combination of blues guitar and harmonica, which finished with a Rory Gallagher cover, “Pistol Slapper Blues”.

Review of a recent gig at The Halfmoon, Putney, London by Peter Coulston of

Richard is an engaging performer who the audience quickly warms to, greatly appreciating his inventive and talented finger picking and slide guitar playing.

Marie Dodds, Sandman Live Review, July 2008

-BENJAMIN UNDERWOOD

myspace.com/benjaminunderwood

"Inspired by the paintings of Doig, the poetry of Larkin, the taste of longley farm yogurts and the out of phase setting on a fender strat I set out to make these tunes. Along with the beautiful tones of the BOSS BE-5M I made them."

-DANIEL OWEN SPENCE

"After 3 years in the musical wilderness I have decided to dig out the old guitar and start gigging again. I will be playing some of my favourite numbers from 2003's 'My Wasted Days' album, with some later tunes, new material, covers, and perhaps even an old Giraffe number thrown in the mix for your pleasure! Who knows how long this comeback will last, so get down and see me while you can!"

All the above ^

For absolutely free

Wednesday 25th November 2009

The Green Room

Sheffield

8 while 11.30pm

Folk with us...!

FOLKIN' SHEFFIELD Every wednesday night @ the Green Room

Hosted by Louis Romégoux

Archived