Parking in Hillsborough watchout

Garthy

Why ignore signs informing people of the parking time limits on Private land?

And then complain when you get an invoice at the agreed fee for your rental of the space you have used?

it says oxos on buses but they dont sell them,these people can put signs up and send as many letters as they wish its only people who dont realise these companies are bullies and pay the INVOICES:loopy:

I didn't see your post as it was at the bottom of the page, I had read the previous post and then whilst posting a reply, yours must have appeared in the meantime, as the last one on the previous page. I am not fixed to my laptop, I have logged off and returned in the meantime. Forgive me for not being available for you.

You have misread, or misinterpreted my post, as I did not say it was a scam, even though I believe it be so, in fact I believe it is far worse. (So YOU are, in fact, unable to read and understand correctly, like those you mock.)

BUT given the rudeness, arrogance, tone, and blinkeredness displayed in your posts, forgive me if I choose not to continue any dialogue with you.

Such parking charges are neither justifiable nor defensible in my opinion and the only ones that attempt to feebly defend them, are usually those that benefit from them, in my experience.

You don't have to be in a poor state to be "vulnerable", although the two often go hand in hand.

Are you a member of the school of thought that thinks ALL motorists are fair game to any scam?

You make a lot of claims and rants about this since you got caught parking on private land, but yet when any of your claims/rants are questioned you ignore the posters and post even more uncomprehensible drivel

I have NEVER been "caught parking on private land". I have NEVER been issued an INVOICE or CHARGE by a "parking company" or otherwise.

Yet again you have proven that you cannot read and understand.

You really are a class act :hihi:

Whats this then ? :roll:

Is there any truth in anything you post?

You really are a class act :hihi:

Thank you. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same applies to you.

:hihi:

Whats this then ? :roll:

Despite your reference to another thread being outside the realms of "forum etiquette" I will humour you.

It does not say anywhere that I received a fine, parked on private land, or anything to that effect. READ CAREFULLY FOR ONCE. :hihi:

Is there any truth in anything you post?

Yes.

Firstly, unsubstantiated accusations assasinating my character, and then secondly, questionning my honesty... Tsk tsk - you do know there ARE laws about THAT, don't you?

Edited by Darth Vader

Don't pay it. I've not paid 3 now and all I have received through the post is 'We are taking you to court' letters. The last one was about 5 months ago now!

As others have said - Ignore it.

If I was to put a sign up saying 'IF I DRIVE INTO THIS CAR PARK YOU (THE PARKING COMPANY) OWE ME £100' do you think they would pay me?

IGNORE THE LETTER. DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. SLEEP WELL :)

Edit: If anything ever comes of mine I will let everyone know. However Im sure there will be some sort of time limit before these companys have to drop it.

Edited by posthere

Don't pay it. I've not paid 3 now and all I have received through the post is 'We are taking you to court' letters. The last one was about 5 months ago now!

As others have said - Ignore it.

If I was to put a sign up saying 'IF I DRIVE INTO THIS CAR PARK YOU (THE PARKING COMPANY) OWE ME £100' do you think they would pay me?

IGNORE THE LETTER. DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. SLEEP WELL :)

Edit: If anything ever comes of mine I will let everyone know. However Im sure there will be some sort of time limit before these companys have to drop it.

According to pepipoo site most of them go to about £500 then stop. Interestingly, there's a link to a case where a judge ruled that as it is civil/contract law, then a commercial premises could only claim for actual loss, ie if you stayed over by an hour and the charge was £3.50 for two hours parking, then they could claim £1.75 from you!