Parking in Hillsborough watchout

Garthy

I'd imagine you can only be black listed for defaulting on a credit agreement in line with the consumer credit act or possibly a court order. As you don't enter into any agreement and the action by the parking company never reaches court i'd say this wouldn't be possible.

Plus the fact I have had no problems obtaining credit & my experian report is fine suggests this hasn't / can't happened.

As I said, just a thought.

Can you tell me why, if the signs are in place stating the relevant times and charges and someone parks there and disregards the signs, why should they not pay the charge?

As I said, just a thought.

Can you tell me why, if the signs are in place stating the relevant times and charges and someone parks there and disregards the signs, why should they not pay the charge?

Maybe they can't read?? :huh:

I say pay up and shut up, lesson learned they wouldnt do it again :roll:

It's up to you if you take my advice or not. I'd suggest doing your own research on the subject and then decide if your going to pay up.

Personally I've never paid these types of invoice and heard nothing in over 12 months. There are loads of consumer websites, such as pepipoo, money supermarket etc.

If you get a ticket from the police or local authority remember to pay unless you are challenging the decision.

Yeah and if you dont pay the local authority fine, then just dont let the debt collector in the house. They can only turn up so many times and then you can threaten them with harrassment, they then just go away and return the fine to the courts,worked for me.

The car park behind Farmfoods, isnt actually there land, and they actually dont let it to a car park company.

Farmfoods itself, lets the building, as do all the other companys on that block, from a private landlord.

Even the staff of the companies have had tickets through the post, and they have permits to park there.

Just think yourselves lucky that you didnt park in the ball car park, because they clamp you and charge you about 100 quid to get it released, all within about 2 minutes of leaving your car.

Happened to 2 members of my family.

So yh farmfoods takings are down, but its not there fault, and as my partner works there, i have been told its the staff who get the grief.

The car park company will do nothin but argue with you on the phone, so its pointless tryin, either pay or ignore them, i ignore them

You said it. :rolleyes:

Yes I did, and I meant it. Take a trip to Dore village and see how the elderly perform there, It's frightening! Most of them can't even see, never mind drive. As for the underdogs. Do you mean people that don't understand their rights? Or people that can't read? Is there a difference? Please explain your definition of underdog.

dont pay em, i had several parking tickets from the same company a while back. i basically wrote a letter stating the fact that i will NOT be paying the fines and any further correspondence from them will be took as harrassment and i will be taking THEM to court. needless to say nothing ever came of it. The last letter before i wrote to them was a fine totalling £740!!!!:loopy:

its not a fine ,its an invoice for parking on private land .

NO, IT'S A FINE! If you are given a time limit to park on private land, then exceed it, you are trespassing (Illegal). By paying the initial charge, you have agreed to, and entered a contract. Break the contract and you will be fined, so don't moan about it. :loopy:

NO, IT'S A FINE! If you are given a time limit to park on private land, then exceed it, you are trespassing (Illegal). By paying the initial charge, you have agreed to, and entered a contract. Break the contract and you will be fined, so don't moan about it. :loopy:

well said totally agree :clap:

dont pay em, i had several parking tickets from the same company a while back. i basically wrote a letter stating the fact that i will NOT be paying the fines and any further correspondence from them will be took as harrassment and i will be taking THEM to court. needless to say nothing ever came of it. The last letter before i wrote to them was a fine totalling £740!!!!:loopy:

Don't count your chickens. ;)