Parking in Hillsborough watchout

Garthy

Just a thought....I wonder how many of the people who have ignored/refused to pay the fines/invoices have now been blacklisted by the companies involved without them knowing, maybe in the run up to Christmas we might get some threads from these people ranting about being unable to get credit for the kids toys.

Aha! I wondered when this classic scare-mongering tactic, that according to pepipoo some parking companies use, would be trotted out.

So you won't even stop at emotional blackmail, poor parents should make sure they pay these fines should they, or Father Christmas won't come to their house? :gag:

CCJs that affect credit ratings only come into play when a person has not paid a fine that has been deemed legally enforceable by a court.

If a parking company want to blacklist drivers from their business, then bring it on. :hihi:

Edited by Darth Vader

Aha! I wondered when this classic scare-mongering tactic, that according to pepipoo some parking companies use, would be trotted out.

So you won't even stop at emotional blackmail, poor parents should make sure they pay these fines should they, or Father Christmas won't come to their house? :gag:

CCJs that affect credit ratings only come into play when a person has not paid a fine that has been deemed legally enforceable by a court.

If a parking company want to blacklist drivers from their business, then bring it on. :hihi:

Maybe it wont go down as a CCJ but it could still go on your credit file as a non payment couldnt it??

Maybe it wont go down as a CCJ but it could still go on your credit file as a non payment couldnt it??

How can it, if you've not agreed you owe it? It's in dispute and therefore has to go to court. Then the judge, as in my link above, will throw it out.

They can write to the DVLA and get the owner of the vehicles details for a nominal fee, but that does not prove they have the correct details of the driver of the vehicle so that does not make the owner automatically responsible.

Absolute tosh! It is not a fine, it is a charge or an invoice. Only when you agree to pay the said invoice or charge, are you agreeing to the ridiculous fees/charges, as illustrated by the court case I earlier referred to, where the judge ruled, as it is contract/civil law, then the landowner can only claim for actual losses, which would be whatever percentage of the initial parking time x by the appropriate initial fee.

Absolute tosh! You enter the agreement as soon as you pay the initial fee by agreeing to the terms. If you exceed your permitted time, you are in breech of contract. You only have yourself to blame. :)

If you weren't clear, maybe you should have asked, especially before replying. :rolleyes: You see, not EVERYTHING that is there in black in white is clear cut.

Your reply I referred to shows a complete and utter lack of respect for the elderly and less priviliged sections of society.

How can you be shure? You didn't answer my question!

don't pm people i don't know...for all i know you could be an axe murderer who drives on dodgy tyres.....

Quite right eastbank, Your Mummy taught you well. For the same reason I would probably advise people not to use your business, as you may be an axe murdering, illegal parker! :(

NO, IT'S A FINE! If you are given a time limit to park on private land, then exceed it, you are trespassing (Illegal). By paying the initial charge, you have agreed to, and entered a contract. Break the contract and you will be fined, so don't moan about it. :loopy:
charged not fined its not a criminal offence:hihi:

Absolute tosh! You enter the agreement as soon as you pay the initial fee by agreeing to the terms. If you exceed your permitted time, you are in breech of contract. You only have yourself to blame. :)

Utter bunkum! Now, I'll say this slowly for you....

read....what....the....judge....says....in....the....link....below....

http://go.sheffieldforum.co.uk/?id=203X323&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-542355%2FJudge-quashes-300-parking-fine--set-frighten-intimidate-driver.html