Eckington night out-any recommendations?

tiggywilson7

Hiya

am looking to go out for my birthday in Dec-i live at halfway and thought Eckington could be quite decent. wanting to go somewhere for a meal and then to some pubs/bars after. im not overly familar with the area but have had takeaway from Bilals before and seemed quite nice.

are there any other decent resturants there? and are the pubs etc near by? as dont want to be having to get taxis in between if possible.

Thanks

Im from Halfway too, Eckington use to be good but alot of pubs have now closed or dont open at night everyday of the week as its like a ghost town!

Plus remember you have to pay extra in a taxi on way home as you are crossing boarders between Derbyshire and Yorkshire.

Id just goto Beefeater at bottom of eckington hill then go for a drink in Mosborough :)

I know I have gone off thread a bit here but Aktars Indian restaurant in Killamarsh is tremendous, and you take your own booze..making for a very inexpensive special night out. 12 of us were there on Sat night and had the whole works ( only £30 per couple !!! )

I know I have gone off thread a bit here but Aktars Indian restaurant in Killamarsh is tremendous, and you take your own booze..making for a very inexpensive special night out. 12 of us were there on Sat night and had the whole works ( only £30 per couple !!! )

ohh, is it alrite there, i love a good Indian :D

Hiya

am looking to go out for my birthday in Dec-i live at halfway and thought Eckington could be quite decent. wanting to go somewhere for a meal and then to some pubs/bars after. im not overly familar with the area but have had takeaway from Bilals before and seemed quite nice.

are there any other decent resturants there? and are the pubs etc near by? as dont want to be having to get taxis in between if possible.

Thanks

Mossbrook is a good place for a meal (never had a bad meal yet) as for a pint avoid the Duke in town centre <removed> all others are okay in the town centre and you have Rose and Crown,Miners and Westend all three on way up through Eckington

Archived