Eckington night out-any recommendations?

tiggywilson7

Hiya

am looking to go out for my birthday in Dec-i live at halfway and thought Eckington could be quite decent. wanting to go somewhere for a meal and then to some pubs/bars after. im not overly familar with the area but have had takeaway from Bilals before and seemed quite nice.

are there any other decent resturants there? and are the pubs etc near by? as dont want to be having to get taxis in between if possible.

Thanks

Having previously lived in Eckington for many years, I dont think it is as good as it was years ago so wouldnt recommend it.

If you are venturing into the land of odd (Eckington) by Eck !! Make sure all you injections are up to date and you carry a blood type card.. oh and I would strongly recommend that you have a rabies jab.. (thats just protection from the local lasses) :hihi: I would suggest that you try the Ridgeway arms, good food reasonably priced and a massive nice pub to boot..

If you are venturing into the land of odd (Eckington) by Eck !! Make sure all you injections are up to date and you carry a blood type card.. oh and I would strongly recommend that you have a rabies jab.. (thats just protection from the local lasses) :hihi: I would suggest that you try the Ridgeway arms, good food reasonably priced and a massive nice pub to boot..

Speaking from experience are we :hihi:

Stop it! It's not fair on those that do live there, I grew up there for 16 years & it was fine when i was a lad!

I'm sure it has it's good points but unfortunately people never talk about the good as it's a boring subject but that's how us humans minds work you see, when we hear about bad things we seem to prick up our ears & believe all we hear.

Now someone out there tell us something good about going out in Eckington please as i'm sure it is a good night out although like all other villages you'll always get the odd couple of village idiots acting the fool :banana: :banana:

The last time i went for a drink in Eckington was in the Rose And Crown.....No word of a lie i was served my drink in a old pop bottle to "take away"....Seriousley...Unbelivable but true....It was only around 9 pm and was the 3rd drink, so was in no way being drunk ,inconsiderate or causing any mistermeaner what so ever.I must have been sat on someones chair or something???...god knows,ive no idea!!!

I,d lived in eckington for around 18mths so found myself hopefully blending into the community for somewhere to settle long term......That was the first and last time i went out round Eckington and moved away from the area a year or so later.

• 8 months later...

Archived