The Ecclesfield Scene for entertainment

Just wanted to let everyone know that the old fun Karaoke and music scene is now back up and running in Ecclesfield. :clap:

Now the White Bear has re opened we have got most of the regulars back into the square and we are looking for new faces to join us.

The Black Bull is holding Karaoke on a Saturday night, Sunday 4 - 6 and 8 - late with Bruno or Martine :heyhey:

White Bear hold a Buskers evening from 8 - close where singers can bring their own tracks and sing a few songs in a row or even choose from over 49,000 songs in the book and is hosted by Bruno.

Fridays is Rock night with Buffy (from Cha Cha's) from 8 - close

Sunday is karaoke from 4-6 with Bruno or Martine, 6 - 8 with Roger and 8 - close with Bruno or Martine.

The Stocks holds a karaoke evening on a Friday from 8 - close and is also hosted by Bruno (what a guy) :thumbsup:

We are always looking for new ideas to improve the scene in Ecclesfield, so if you have any ideas or thoughts, then just let us know.

Hope to see you all soon

Eric The Man

Is the White Bear going to undertake a refurb?

Because if not, I can't see it lasting.

It was fairly full on opening night. I went in on Friday, and it was virtually empty.

Keep it as it is and it will die on its ass unfortunately.

Originally posted by senwar

Is the White Bear going to undertake a refurb?

Unfortunately the pub is in what the company calls devco, which basically means that they do not know if they are going to keep it as a pub etc, so the present occupier will obviously not be spending his money on a refurb, this is down to the company called Punch Taverns, I would say there is more chance of platting P*** than they doing a refurb

I don't think that's relevant. Look at the Classic Rock Bar (that was). It was due to be demolished and nobody wanted to spend anything on it for that reason (apart from a bit of sound proofing). It was tatty and shabby but the atmosphere created and the positivity of the customers made it work. People went for the music, to meet friends and to have a good time. You look beyond the aging woodwork and worn out chairs. The rock crowd and bikers prefer to be down to earth.

A few minor cosmetic improvements that won't cost the earth may well be necessary in the White Bear, but in my opinion there are too many posh pubs around and too many rules made by pub companies. There still are not enough rock pubs or rock nights. I say support the pubs that will encourage the rockers and bikers.

I totally agree with you classic rock, I'm Bruno, one peice of advise for you, is keep the noise down as it gets later into the evening because in the past people complained about it, especially at the Griffin which eventually led to the pub closing down and it being turned into offices.

PS ive found best place to set up is at the end of the bar above the organ, until i fix in a unit with shelves etc

Originally posted by MrDJ

Unfortunately the pub is in what the company calls devco, which basically means that they do not know if they are going to keep it as a pub etc, so the present occupier will obviously not be spending his money on a refurb, this is down to the company called Punch Taverns, I would say there is more chance of platting P*** than they doing a refurb

I presume this is the pubs last chance then?

I hope it can stay open. I was really pleased when they re-opened it, as the village is dieing and that cannot happen.

If it closed and became something other than a pub, then that would be a sad state of affairs.

Fingers crossed it works out. I'm not a rock fan, but would happily come along to help the bear stay open!

Originally posted by senwar

Fingers crossed it works out. I'm not a rock fan, but would happily come along to help the bear stay open!

What kind of things do you think would get a large crowd in?

Currently there are 3 music nights, a pool knockout and a general knowledge quiz, but other suggestions would be welcome.

The only way of getting people down to the White Bear is by having events that get the crowds in, but the only way of justifying events, and having them working well is if there is enough interest in the first place. Its a bit of a catch 22.

Archived