The Ecclesfield Scene for entertainment

The problem with this time of year, people are short of cash, either because they are about to go on Holiday, or they are on Holiday, or because they have just come back off Holiday lol

Originally posted by fyrebrat

What kind of things do you think would get a large crowd in?

Currently there are 3 music nights, a pool knockout and a general knowledge quiz, but other suggestions would be welcome.

The only way of getting people down to the White Bear is by having events that get the crowds in, but the only way of justifying events, and having them working well is if there is enough interest in the first place. Its a bit of a catch 22.

Personally I think the bear could be a big money maker. If the pub had a refit, to say, the Stocks standards, which is a nice little pub, then I think it would really revitalise the scene.

But as you say, its catch 22. I can see why money won't be spent whilever the pub is not bringing in the people.

I actually went in on the night it reopened, and there was a DJ on who I thought played some great music. A good mixture.

Again, its just my personal opinion, but I think more people would go if the pub was nicer inside. As has been said though - thats easier said than done.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting people from off this forum tonight, I'm doing a Buskers/karaoke night starting at 8.30

please introduce yourselves to me.

Regards

Bruno

Originally posted by MrDJ

Looking forward to seeing/meeting people from off this forum tonight, I'm doing a Buskers/karaoke night starting at 8.30

please introduce yourselves to me.

Regards

Bruno

you know me already...i'm the one that gets you drinks on sundays....

but i won't be down tonight...having a night off!

hope it all goes well...

How did the night go Bruno?

I'll not be up this week, as I'm working in London.

You'll have probably seen me in Ecco - I'm usually up every weekend. One of the lads usually does a good Liam Gallagher act when doing Karaoke! Ha ha

Archived