Westwood Reservoir near High Green.

Was the reservoir at Westward Country Park commonly know as Newbiggin Reservoir at anytime? I found it on the map the other day and remembered fishing at a Newbiggin Reservoir in the 1970's. Thirty years on I'm a bit vague about its location, but I do remember it being somewhere near High Green. Westwood seems to be the only one to fit my memories! Kevin Taylor.

The reservoir at westwood is "Westwood Dam".

Years ago the westwood rows housing was there at the side.

Newbigin, Was a small pond accessed only through the woods.

THIS will tell you more about the history of Westwood :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

New Biggin was at the back of Tanksley through the woods it had an island in the middle,, Westwood dam was access vis the road past the Cart and Horses central High Green I fished them both in the early 1970s, Both fished well at times I have not seen either since 1972..

:thumbsup:

• 11 months later...

Back in the late forties/fifties, my Uncle was the water bailiff/caretaker a Newbiggin. He, his wife and two daughters lived in the house there - no gas, no electricity, stone floors downstairs, no running water and an earth closet (midden). Then we hear people refer to those times as The Good Old Days. They were better when it was filmed at Leeds City Varieties by the BBC.

Archived