I'm from Lowedges and proud!

kaz216

I am sick of people slagging off Lowedges. Yes it is a social housing estate and not without it's problems but many families have lived here for years and are into their 3rd and some 4th generation. There is a strong sense of community and I know all of my neighbours in my cul-de-sac, we all speak to each other and there is no trouble. Last year I organised a fund raising night at our local pub for Breast Cancer care and raised over £1000. People dug deep into pockets that aren't overflowing with extra cash. I like living here and I chose to live here and so have many more people.

Kaz - I agree with all of this, see other posts. But give me a bottom line on the boozers. I remember the Mower being just about OK and the Magpie less so...

yes they do come to greenhill, where are the bloody parents?? keep your lowedges kids at lowedges, WE DONT WANT THEM! all they do is cause sh*t outside the shops and im sick of them asking me to buy them fags and booze!

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! No bad parents in Greenhill, then?! If Social services show an interest, I suppose they say they live in Beauchief and pay ground rent to Lt General Crawshaw, and all is sorted out with a quiet word. This sort of low-grade area snobbery absolutely stinks!!!

MY GOD! Big thanks to Kaz for this thread xx

Ive lived here since last october wasnt sure about the area as I didnt know it was given 50/50 opinions, well what area is good in sheffield?

Ive had no hassle since Ive moved in at all, did see some kids hanging around shops didnt cause me bother, and they dont hang round as much now neighbours are g8 one wired in my cooker and gave me a sofa which was really nice of them. The ladies in the local shop are a real laugh when they have time to talk as I talk to anyone, same in the hairdressers, the local pub is not a dump is really nice, been in a couple of times but dont really drink that much. There are 2 dear ladies near me who talk as much as me bless them xxx

Im NOT A SMACKHEAD HOOLIGAN UNEMPLOYABLE PROSITUTE or anything else thats making me so :rant:

I love my 'palace' its peacful as well only complaint I have is the flipping buses:hihi:

You should spend a week in Shirebrook, North Derbyshire (where I grew up & spent time caring for my dad recently). Lowedges (which i like, see post elsewhere) is Tuscany in comparison. I think re-reading your post that you're an Ian Hislop-style satirist. OK; but the hillbillies aren't into fine distinctions...so don't get caught!

I am tired and sick of people saying negative things about any area of Sheffield, and or any city of England. Get a grip. You live here. I am sorry to offend if I do, but you really should see outside of the box!! There is going to be no quick fix to any issue in any area in any part of any city in any part of this country!! Dont blame one area of Sheffield for the down falls of society. xxx

• 1 year later...
Course it happens all over the place. But very few council estates are surrounded by the amenities of affluent estates (Greenhill, Bradway, Totley). You can understand why people in these areas don't always have good things to say about Lowedges.

r u taking the **** there is more drugs and crime in totley

I'm just proud I've got out of the godforsaken hell hole of drug invested, dirty, stinky, dog muck infested hell hole, with it's 15 year old mothers in their slippers nipping to the shop for cheap cider and 10 fags waiting for their older boyfriend called Wayne to get his tattoo covered fat torso out of bed to walk the howling devil dog through the park so it can foul the green areas, thus preventing the truant playing next generation of 'gold chain, no brain' robbing lowlife from playing there so instead they stay in their filth ridden hovels playing computer games that they shouldn't really be able to afford because the last 3 generations of their family have never worked in their lives, hoping that Labour continue in power so the Gravy train can roll on!

didnt know greenhill was like that :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived