I'm from Lowedges and proud!

kaz216

does anyone know what the police activity was on Beckett walk on Thursday afternoon. I was walking past and saw 3 police cars and an evidence van. one police officer was taking photos.

sorry to hijack this thread, but could find other threads relating to it.

I am sick of people slagging off Lowedges. Yes it is a social housing estate and not without it's problems but many families have lived here for years and are into their 3rd and some 4th generation. There is a strong sense of community and I know all of my neighbours in my cul-de-sac, we all speak to each other and there is no trouble. Last year I organised a fund raising night at our local pub for Breast Cancer care and raised over £1000. People dug deep into pockets that aren't overflowing with extra cash. I like living here and I chose to live here and so have many more people.

Dont u mean the tax payers paid for the charity out of the people digging into their pockets? Most of them dont work dont they?

Good on you Kaz216. As a resident of Pitsmoor I know how tiresome it is when people keep slagging off your area when they don't really know it. I really believe that the more pride people have in their area, the better it will get.

What do you expect people to think in areas like yours? if the people wised up and had more respect (like people in areas like Dore) then maybe people would change their minds:)

Not speaking at all about the Naltrexone centre, I am refering to the gp who many ex heroin addicts I know go to because they get better treatment from him. of these people only 2 to my knowledge actually lived on the estate before their addiction, some live on jordanthorpe and batemoor and some have moved onto lowedges. He is supposed to be the leading expert on the problem. Either way it attracts more addicts to the area.

Are you saying that he is prescribing methadone and other controlled substitutes, separate from the two main prescribing services?

What do you expect people to think in areas like yours? if the people wised up and had more respect (like people in areas like Dore) then maybe people would change their minds:)

I expect people to be able to see beyond the occasional headline grabbing violent crime. There are an awful lot of us who have respect and work to improve the area, but you're not going to see any of that splashed across the front page of the Star are you? If you base your perceptions of an area on headlines in the local rag, you've given up thinking.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Does "as far as I can gather" mean you can quote from a reputable source, or does it indicate something you would like to believe?

I wouldn't say "reputable" but as I already stated earlier on the thread I could name at least 5 people who used his services. I'm not talking about recently but I know this was happening 10 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Dont u mean the tax payers paid for the charity out of the people digging into their pockets? Most of them dont work dont they?

Whoooo enough that is really horrible and yes most people who supported my event do work!

Archived