City Bar / Henrys - Work going on?

Sedge

I never went in when it was Henry's, with no other pubs in the area really the only other option was the Sportsman which was more down to earth, Henry's used to be full to ten bob millionaires.

I liked it in its later years but the area around it is a bit deralic and the Grosvner needs knocking down.

I'll give it a blast next time i'm out, not really one for real ale but i'll try a lager or three!!

I never went in when it was Henry's, with no other pubs in the area really the only other option was the Sportsman which was more down to earth, Henry's used to be full to ten bob millionaires.

I liked it in its later years but the area around it is a bit deralic and the Grosvner needs knocking down.

I'll give it a blast next time i'm out, not really one for real ale but i'll try a lager or three!!

Plenty of quality lagers in there, and I certainly didn't find the staff or the clientele pretentious in the slightest.

Plenty of quality lagers in there, and I certainly didn't find the staff or the clientele pretentious in the slightest.

Its a great location, i used to work in the offices just across the road quite a long time ago (Weatherspoons was a car park at the time :) ).

The big windows make it a great place for people watching, a few comfy sofa's and comfy seats make it a great place to watch the world go by.

I'll definately pop in for a lager in the not too distant future, always nice to welcome an old friend back, and when your idea of a good night changes from dancing the night away to a few beers, a chat and a curry on the way home its always nice to have a place that isn't Weatherspoons, RSVP, Embrace etc :) - the more traditional pubs are dying out!!

Thanks very much Jared. We've been hearing many stories about Henry's over the years - lots of happy memories.

I totally agree about the area being in dire need of rejuvenation. It made such a huge difference just by taking the hoardings off our windows. I do think the council are doing a sterling job with their window displays, but the area definitely needs to see more care taken and more human inhabitation of the spaces.

too true on your last point, I'd like to see something constructive done with the former Pizza Hut site next but I know it's an unattractive proposition given the amount of work that'll need doing to it. Maybe if the council gave an interest free grant for refurbishment to any prospective tenant with accompanying peppercorn rent?

too true on your last point, I'd like to see something constructive done with the former Pizza Hut site next but I know it's an unattractive proposition given the amount of work that'll need doing to it. Maybe if the council gave an interest free grant for refurbishment to any prospective tenant with accompanying peppercorn rent?

Should that not be interest free loan eh Jared :P

Went in on Sat, really liked it. Definitely liked Leeds Pale Ale!

Archived