Turton family search

mikep57

may be connected as follows..

john born 1823 married elizabeth born 1826

then john born 1849 married hannah born 1855

then horace born 1883 married emily beck born 1887

then they had charles stuart,ruth,arnold,ivy and stanley all born between 1906 & 1914

All connected and born in the Attercliffe area,

May be totally unconnected but who knows!

My Great Grandfather - Thurstan George TURTON lived at 1 Millmount Road and the 1891 Census also has him living at 17 Clarke Square and employed as a Cashier.

My Grandfather - Douglas Victor TURTON lived at 26 Ashgate Road. He worked for Waite & Thorniloe Solicitors, Paradise Square, Sheffield. Born 17th Sep 1896, died 1966

My Mother - Jean Marie TURTON lived at 239A Crookes. Born 9th Aug 1920, died 27th Feb 2002

• 7 months later...

I have a mate called David Turton, he has 2, brothers Fred,and John,and i think he had 3 sister's ,christine,but i can't remember the other two names,their mum was the buffer girl outside the town hall in sheffield,i know david was born in heeley,that's all i can tell you,i think his mother was called Mary. Great family.

This David Turton sounds interesting as the Turtons I'm related to came from Heeley. In the 1901 census there was a James, wife Adelina and children Edith 10 James 2 and Violet 5 living at 25 Cecil Square Heeley. They also had a daughter Lily b. 1909 who died in 1933.

There was a Turton family that lived on Warminster Road in the 60's. I can remember the oldest son getting jailed for torching the local primary school..(Norton County as it was then called, latterly to become Mundella).

Archived