For all you fine Italian food lovers..

jayne67

Hmm - no alcohol license, no debit/credit cards taken.

Do they have plates, tables, chairs?

:hihi:

A bit inconvenient, but businesses (so in turn, their customers) have to pay a fair bit for card facilities. Also, plenty of people prefer BYOB restaurants - nice to spend £15-20 on a bottle of wine and actually get wine worth £15-20, rather than the £5 bottle you get in most restaurants.

:hihi:

A bit inconvenient, but businesses (so in turn, their customers) have to pay a fair bit for card facilities. Also, plenty of people prefer BYOB restaurants - nice to spend £15-20 on a bottle of wine and actually get wine worth £15-20, rather than the £5 bottle you get in most restaurants.

Yes I agree it can be good. But it means there is something else to organise rather than just turning up.

But I'd also need a wad of readies if I went here as, like most people, I rarely use cheques these days and never carry a chequebook round with me (many places have stopped taking them). So it immediately seems more like a chip shop in some respects (no booze, no plastic). Nothing wrong with that per se, just not a 'proper' restaurant for me.

Anyway good luck to them. It sounds nice I'll have to try it.

Yes I agree it can be good. But it means there is something else to organise rather than just turning up.

But I'd also need a wad of readies if I went here as, like most people, I rarely use cheques these days and never carry a chequebook round with me (many places have stopped taking them). So it immediately seems more like a chip shop in some respects (no booze, no plastic). Nothing wrong with that per se, just not a 'proper' restaurant for me.

Anyway good luck to them. It sounds nice I'll have to try it.

Must admit that I'm the same. I have a "green" account (no cheque/paying-in book or statements) - pretty annoying when it comes to paying for meals in places like this or for tradespeople.

Well, if this detracts from getting excellent food, then your loss.

If you want to go into the ins and outs of the benefits of card payments or lack of them, then start another topic.

Oh, and there are pictures on there....does it look like a chip shop??

Jayne

Well, if this detracts from getting excellent food, then your loss.

If you want to go into the ins and outs of the benefits of card payments or lack of them, then start another topic.

Oh, and there are pictures on there....does it look like a chip shop??

Jayne

It was a response about this restaurant in particular and why I (and maybe other people) may not go because of two specific features that i read about on the website you advertised. It's a forum, people make comments, sometimes you won't like them or even understand them. That's how it works.

I'll explain the chip shop reference for you. If I go there I know I need cash and it won't sell booze. I like chip shops. As I said - good luck to them/you.

It was a response about this restaurant in particular and why I (and maybe other people) may not go because of two specific features that i read about on the website you advertised. It's a forum, people make comments, sometimes you won't like them or even understand them. That's how it works.

I'll explain the chip shop reference for you. If I go there I know I need cash and it won't sell booze. I like chip shops. As I said - good luck to them/you.

Bilge, please don't patronise me, I know how a forum works.

I posted the link, so that anyone who liked real italian food can see what is on offer at this particular RESTAURANT.

In my opinion, if anyone lets the fact that a restaurant isn't licensed or doesnt take plastic, cloud their judgement on whether or not the food is worth going to the cash machine for, should go to pizza hut!

Oh, the point about the good luck to them/you bit. Apart from eating in the restaurant, taking my own wine and paying cash, I have absoluteley no further connection!

Jayne

Archived