For all you fine Italian food lovers..

jayne67

Bilge, please don't patronise me, I know how a forum works.

In my opinion, if anyone lets the fact that a restaurant isn't licensed or doesnt take plastic, cloud their judgement on whether or not the food is worth going to the cash machine for, should go to pizza hut!

Jayne

That's just a silly point isn't it. We rarely pay for anything with cash, it all goes on the credit card for various reasons (it gets paid off in full every month...) but I don't like carrying wads of cash around with me, and like others in this thread I feel that going out for a meal is an experience, not just food. I personally don't like BYOB restaurants, and actually quite like going to places that sell wine that isn't available in the supermarkets.

If I'm going out for a pizza/pasta/risotto, and have to take my own bottle of wine, I'd rather dine at home with the same bottle of wine, probably a meal of similar quality and save myself some cash.

I enjoy food, I'm a fairly good cook and when I worked in the restaurant business you would have only found me eating at restaurants that serve good quality food (& had a credit card machine/wine list).

I think you're getting on your high horse simply because of the some of the, in my opinion, valid, criticism on the thread and you're taking it far too personally - don't.

I have been there before, and its a wonderful place! So what they dont accept cards? There are many places that still do that! But if you are still fussy about not being able to use your plastic, there is a cash machine next door....

Also, Spar is next door so if you arrive without wine, just pop and buy a bottle. Simple.

Still, just because you cant use your card doesnt mean that you should miss out on this wonderful food!

We have been there lots of times, would def recommend giving it a try. It has a lovely cosy atmosphere and the food is excellent, also I prefer to take my own wine that way I am getting exactly what I pay for instead of vastly inflated prices for mediocre wine.

• 2 months later...
That put you in your place Bilge....heheheheheh

No, it didn't really.

try pepe mama mia langsett rd youll not be dissapointed

An excellent review.

if you are still fussy about not being able to use your plastic, there is a cash machine next door....

Also, Spar is next door

Sounds fantastic, I must book a table ASAP.

Archived