For all you fine Italian food lovers..

jayne67

Looked through the entire website, doesn't seem any better or worse than any other Italian place,what makes it special?

What you CAN'T tell from a website, is how good the food tastes...try it, then compare.

Jayne

I think there's a misconception of how much businesses get charged for using plastic/credit facilities.

Now I don't know personally, but a close friend who works for a large company in Sheffield says the credit card charges they face are negligible.

Anyone running a business who can comment on this?

As for no alcohol license, that may be no big deal if customers know in advance - but if they turn up and can't get a drink without leaving the restaurant and didn't know in advance, it's a bit poor.

As an extra - looking at the website, the owner and staff are mainly South American - why don't they try offering food from there instead of competing with the many authentic Italian restaurants Sheffield already has; I'd be much more interested in trying Venezuelan or Peruvian food, than going to an Italian restaurant that isn't run by Italians.

• 2 months later...
I think there's a misconception of how much businesses get charged for using plastic/credit facilities.

Now I don't know personally, but a close friend who works for a large company in Sheffield says the credit card charges they face are negligible.

Anyone running a business who can comment on this?

As for no alcohol license, that may be no big deal if customers know in advance - but if they turn up and can't get a drink without leaving the restaurant and didn't know in advance, it's a bit poor.

As an extra - looking at the website, the owner and staff are mainly South American - why don't they try offering food from there instead of competing with the many authentic Italian restaurants Sheffield already has; I'd be much more interested in trying Venezuelan or Peruvian food, than going to an Italian restaurant that isn't run by Italians.

Have you been to the restaurant? I have been many times and the first time, no, I didn't know it was bring your own wine, but Spar was RIGHT next door and I really didn't find a problem in walking a couple of feet to buy some wine. I've also been to Italy and back, and believe me, I've never had a better Calzone anywhere else than Bella Napoli, so maybe the fact that the owner is South American adds a little nice twist to the food.

Archived