Walnut Club Ecclesall Road.

mossdog

• 2 weeks later...
So the Walnut Club has finally turned the sham restaurant into a Boozer, and got the late night licence!.................why not be honest in the first place,and tell us if this was their intention all along!

I think you'll find the Walnut club was advertised A CHAMPAGNE BAR and not a restuarant! :loopy: They only had a few tables for food.

I am pleased they have a late night licence, if that's the truth as I know there was objection orginally.

I am surprised the Walnut Club is still open tbh.....My partner and I have a large income coming in but I find paying over the odds for drinks disatisfying! I think that is why the place is always half empty. I am not sure if it a case of keeping the prices high keeps a certain clientele in: I have found that there is often no clientele. Except for the older men who entertain the young 18 year olds girls all eve buying drinks!

Some of the other bars on Ecc' Rd need late night licences as it becomes a case of having to go into town after a trip down Ecc' Rd, as everywhere shuts except for Menzels (I quite liked Menzels until I heard how tinny the songs being played sounded on sat eve! Time for them to get a new sound system! Not to mention hearing Alexandra Burkes song played round and round....:huh:)

I think you'll find it's a bar and a restaurant. I for one am glad it has got the temporary late licence (it's a 6 month trial) as it may generate more business, therefore keeping my husband (and others) in employment and being able to provide for me and my children and keep a roof over our heads!

Archived