Don't Vote Conservative or Labour

hiya we hear about poverty if you were over 60 years old you would have experianced poverty
I along with my mother and brother queued at canal wharf for a bag of coal in the winter of 1947, she then had to struggle with onto a Walkely tram and on getting off carry it down Oxford Street.

I along with my mother and brother queued at canal wharf for a bag of coal in the winter of 1947, she then had to struggle with onto a Walkely tram and on getting off carry it down Oxford Street.

Hiya, Any thoughts on the impact of the introduction of Pension Credit on bringing Pensioners out of Poverty.

Seems a good thing to me, what do you think?

The tories ruled on 43% of the vote.

As far as I can remember in my lifetime no government has got over 50% of the popular vote. All governments have however called general elections. My concern is that a BNP (or similar) government once in power would contrive not to hold an election but would give themsleves dictatorial powers - like Hitler did.

"What have the Romans done for us"

As Europeans quite a lot

Roads.

Architecture

Central Heating

Military Tactics

Philosophy

Religion

Concrete buildings(yes it's true)

Multi level dwellings (appartments)

Sewers and Sanitation

Currency

Employment

So friends, countrymen and citizens

VOTE Roman

As Europeans quite a lot

Roads.

Architecture

Central Heating

Military Tactics

Philosophy

Religion

Concrete buildings(yes it's true)

Multi level dwellings (appartments)

Sewers and Sanitation

Currency

Employment

So friends, countrymen and citizens

VOTE Roman

Their roads were best straight as a die; no corners, that's why there were no Pakistanis here back then; there was no place to put a corner shop.:D:hihi::D:hihi:

Certainly will not be voting for Labour, Conservative or LibDems in the upcoming general elections. The problem is the parties who do actually represent working class people e.g. the Greens have nowhere near the cash that the main 3 parties do, and do not get time on TV like they do. Just wish the progressive parties would unite to take on the bigger parties.

what would happen if they did that and won the election though? I bet the same old parasites would just join the new big party and then we would be back to square one! The problem is not the parties, but the people who become politicians and how can we keep them out?

The problem is not the parties, but the people who become politicians and how can we keep them out?

You can keep the money grabbing assholes out by making it a vocational job on a low salary - that would guarantee that that the candicates were void of self interest and that should be a requirement for those claiming to represent the contstituents on the basis of justice / fairness / advancement of a society as opposed to an individual.

.............. waits for the wouldnt attract clever people by giving low salary argument to be wheeled out............

Archived