Boots opticians-made me pay in full on ordering specs.

Janus

I went to Boots opticians in meadowhall. I ordered some spectacles and was asked for the full cost of them up front. I questioned this, even suggesting that i only expected to pay a deposit, but was told that I had to pay the full amount on ordering.

I recall seeing on one of these consumer programmes that you should only ever pay a max deposit of 10% of the total price at the time of ordering on anything that you are purchasing.

If i remember correctly, i have never been permitted to only pay 10% when a deposit has been required as part of the deal.

With respect,CGK your reply has nothing to do with addressing the issue. It is a consumer point. I posted to see what other people`s experiences have been with the issue of deposits, and in particular at Boots.

If you simply walk away from every injustice in life instead of facing up to it and resolving it, is that a good way to do things?

With respect,CGK your reply has nothing to do with addressing the issue. It is a consumer point. I posted to see what other people`s experiences have been with the issue of deposits, and in particular at Boots.

I understand that Boots are asking for full prepayments now as they are on the verge of going bust. You should still be able to get your spectacles however if they do not go bust....good look...hope this helps.

My experience is that Boots have never required for full payment in advance.

My response has a lot to do with consumer issues. If you do not like what the business offers, take your custom elsewhere.

If you pay, in full, in advance, you have no-one to blame but yourself.

I have also bought from Specsavers without full payment in advance.

Perhaps times are changing.

I also still manage to buy from an independant with no deposit at all.

Edit: You now mention 'injustice'. Yes. You should tell them that they are losing your custom for this reason, walk away from their demands and take your money elsewhere.

My experience is that Boots have never required for full payment in advance.

My response has a lot to do with consumer issues. If you do not like what the business offers, take your custom elsewhere.

If you pay, in full, in advance, you have no-one to blame but yourself.

I have also bought from Specsavers without full payment in advance.

Perhaps times are changing.

I also still manage to buy from an independant with no deposit at all.

Edit: You now mention 'injustice'. Yes. You should tell them that they are losing your custom for this reason, walk away from their demands and take your money elsewhere.

I`ve worn glasses for many years, and boots have provided the best service in respect of the actual spectacles that they have made me. I also found their eye tests to be more thorough than the competition. I have not paid Boots in full on other occassions. I`ve tried Spec savers along with others over the years. I urgently need to replace my lost specs, so walking away was not an option for me. If i was not desperate to be able to see, i could have spent time going to other places etc.

Archived