Boots opticians-made me pay in full on ordering specs.

Janus

With respect,CGK your reply has nothing to do with addressing the issue. It is a consumer point. I posted to see what other people`s experiences have been with the issue of deposits, and in particular at Boots.

If you simply walk away from every injustice in life instead of facing up to it and resolving it, is that a good way to do things?

It's not an injustice. They're not FORCING (as you seem to believe) you to buy anything from them. You are perfectly free not to buy from them, if you don't agree with their conditions of sale etc.

The fact that you see this kind of thing as an injustice, is a bit on the laughable side.

An injustice would be where you pay for the glasses in advance, then they lose all record of you ever having paid for anything, and don't give you the goods.

Just to try to see both sides.

I wonder how many people order something and never collect.

My experience of having a shops tells me you can't trust the buggers to collect an order if there is no good reason.

They order with a small deposit and ask for it back when they have spent up on booze.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Teehee.

Sod specsavers, go to ASDA. They're selling glasses for £50 all in (or £70 for designer frames). I'm gutted I just got a new pair that I hated but it was an emergency! I'm off to get some new ones that I actually like now I've heard about their offer :D

Just to try to see both sides. I wonder how many people order something and never collect. My experience of having a shops tells me you can't trust the buggers to collect an order
Totally agree with this point. I keep saying I won't order anything ever again without the money up front, but being a slow learner, I do it again. After all if you didn't go back, those spex aren 't any good for anyone else, are they.

I've had three people let me down in the past month, even though I told them I didn't have any call for the items, now I'm stuck with them for however long.

You want the spex, so why are you objecting to paying for them upfront? :huh:

I understand that Boots are asking for full prepayments now as they are on the verge of going bust. You should still be able to get your spectacles however if they do not go bust....good look...hope this helps.

Do you think this is connected to the fact that Andy Hornby has taken over as CEO of Boots after leaving HBOS?

Archived