Wards Brewery - new bar?

monty789

And its not as if they will be playing music into the early hours.

Indeed. The only residents who may be affected a bit are the ones who live facing Eccy Road, who I'm sure are already affected by noise/traffic etc. I don't think Wetherspoons will add much to this

Weatherspoons held a residents meeting (which I couldn't attend) and from everyone I've heard from, it was extremely positive. I've not heard anything of any ex-police/MP kicking up a fuss. The builders seem to have been making good progress over the past few months.

Yeah, the meeting was positive. Everything was discussed from the construction (and noise) and operating practises and on the whole we got the answers we wanted to hear.

There were a couple of more mature residents there, who may well have been the ex-police/MP, not sure on that one, and they were slightly more objectionable, but as other peeps have said, planning permission has been granted and I can't really see what externally could halt/slow down progress.

Let's hope it opens soon and we can get boozing!

Yeah, the meeting was positive. Everything was discussed from the construction (and noise) and operating practises and on the whole we got the answers we wanted to hear.

There were a couple of more mature residents there, who may well have been the ex-police/MP, not sure on that one, and they were slightly more objectionable, but as other peeps have said, planning permission has been granted and I can't really see what externally could halt/slow down progress.

Let's hope it opens soon and we can get boozing!

It has the opportunity to be a really nice bar and change some people's perceptions on Wetherspoons.

Slightly off topic but what do the residents of ward's think of living there? (could you pm me if needs be).

Does the traffic do your nut in?

I absolutely love my flat. it's top floor and so has a very high ceiling in the lounge, two large bedrooms and everything is generally well finished.

It's very quiet at the back, I wouldn't want to be living on the front by the main road.

Cheers mogwai - been told the ones at the back (napier street?) are the ones to go for.

One agrees, however, I've lived at both the front and the back and both have their own merits. If you like people watching (read: perving on students) then the front is good too. The back is quiet and 95% of the time you can't hear a peep from anyone/thing...

Archived