Do you still remember 'Big John' on the buses

SCENIC

A little while ago, someone was asking about 'Big John', the bus driver, and at the time, correctly it was said that John was still driving buses.

Sadly, on July 5th, John died suddenly aged 63. His funeral is at Grenoside Crematorium on Thursday 14th. July at 3.15pm. Hope as amny of his old mates AND his bosses can attend.

Oh no!! My dad used to work with him. We used to go out on day trips, and Big John used to do daft magic tricks. I was so in awe of him, his hands were HUGE !! I'll tell my dad, he'll probably go to the funeral.

Very sad news!

This news is so sad, I was an inspector when John was at Herries Rd, he was a loveable amiable chap who would help anyone, he tended to "plod" around at only one speed when driving, but everyone exscused him because it was " Big John".

He would always wait for anyone running for the bus, he would often be seen driving with a pipe clenched between his teeth which was never lit.

I am so saddened by this news, thanks for letting this "ex-pat" know.

Archived