Dash to pubs in Derbyshire

suprisestorm

Not actually a dash for booze place, but does anyone remember a small bar, just off the Hathersage to Hope Road, near the Bamford turn off - Shatton maybe? I can't remember its name, or even if it had one. It was like the front room of a house, with only 3 or 4 seats. Beer brought through from the back.

I only went in a couple of times (late 60s early 70s probably). Anyone remember it, or is my mind playing tricks?

Fleur de lys to the Peacock

Strines to the Ladybower

Never the Ladybower. Always known as "Roger Eyre's place" though I can't remember the dates when he was landlord there. Anyone with a longer memory?

I remember the pork sandwiches at the Old Hall, and that huge fellow who made them, was he called Anton?

And what about the Devil's Elbow on the road between Roger Eyre's place and the turn to Strines (for the younger folk on here, it was a nightmare very tight double bend, long since straightened out) - a wonder any of us are alive to tell the tale coming back that way after Saturday night in Derbyshire.

Never the Ladybower. Always known as "Roger Eyre's place" though I can't remember the dates when he was landlord there. Anyone with a longer memory?

I remember the pork sandwiches at the Old Hall, and that huge fellow who made them, was he called Anton?

And what about the Devil's Elbow on the road between Roger Eyre's place and the turn to Strines (for the younger folk on here, it was a nightmare very tight double bend, long since straightened out) - a wonder any of us are alive to tell the tale coming back that way after Saturday night in Derbyshire.

If its the one just below the lay-by, we have always known it as cutthroat bridge.

Archived