Did anyone go to Limit Reunion, Casbah?

Thanks for the play list Tracey, I must have spent equal amounts of time upstairs and down, as I seem to remember nearly all the records from both lists. Combine both lists and you have the best reunion of the best club ever in Sheffield. Ever!

A few missing though...."Empire State Human" by The Human League, "Goon Squad" by Elvis Costello, "Life in Tokyo" by Japan, "Chant Number One" by Spandau Ballet, "I'm Bored" by Iggy Pop, "Whip It" by Devo, "Furniture Music" by Red Noise, a load of tracks from "Parallel Lines" by Blondie (Sunday Girl, Heart of Glass, I Know but I don't know, etc), "Start" by The Jam, "Boys Keep Swinging" by David Bowie, "The American" by Simple Minds, can we do it all again please?

Hope so.

I went and it was great! Having been too young to have gone to the real Limit some of it was undoubtedly lost on me, but it was good fun and they did play some tracks I used to dance to at school (Love Will Tear Us Apart! I took that to the school disco when I was 7!)... I was there all night til it shut and was a bit disappointed they didn't play any Smiths, but they did play Sisters and The Cult!!!!

it needs to be done again and with advance tickets.....then all the people who want to go can make sure they have got their tickets....people were turning up saturday and they couldn't get in...

hate to miss out....on another good night out.....

where else in sheffield can you think it's 1977 again.....

Big thank to Neil Anderson for organising, even though he mis-quoted me in his book!

That was me I believe, if it was the quote about working at the limit. It was originally misquoted in Tony Beesley's original book although I suspect it will get fixed if there is ever a second publication.

Wish I had been there and had a couple of questions after seeing the pictures on the facebook site.

1. when did everyone get so old?

2. Did you get the half one bus home?

3. was the beer like **** as it used to be?

That was me I believe, if it was the quote about working at the limit. It was originally misquoted in Tony Beesley's original book although I suspect it will get fixed if there is ever a second publication.

Wish I had been there and had a couple of questions after seeing the pictures on the facebook site.

1. when did everyone get so old?

2. Did you get the half one bus home?

3. was the beer like **** as it used to be?

Yep that was your quote Daisy, correct.

Answers to questions:-

1. You cheeky git!

2. No, we got taxi's at around 3am, times have changed Michael!

3. er.....well slightly better maybe.....

• 4 weeks later...
Yep that was your quote Daisy, correct.

Answers to questions:-

1. You cheeky git!

2. No, we got taxi's at around 3am, times have changed Michael!

3. er.....well slightly better maybe.....

What was the misquote in my book? Let me know and will be corrected for the reprint.

Archived