Middlewood Road closed (Wed 2nd Dec) morning peak

And just to add to the Hillsborough woes today I've just spent a fair old while stuck in a traffic melee because police have closed Bradfield road one way away from Hillsborough Corner.

I have no idea why this has happened, and it appears that there's traffic coming into Hillsborough Corner from Bradfield Road, but the knock on is that every car coming to the traffic lights from Holme Lane and wanting to go straight on is stopping before being sent left down Middlewood Road instead, which means that the Malin Bridge one way loop is at gridlock.

Hope this is sorted out quickly and that nobody was hurt in whatever has happened there.

And just to add to the Hillsborough woes today I've just spent a fair old while stuck in a traffic melee because police have closed Bradfield road one way away from Hillsborough Corner.

I have no idea why this has happened, and it appears that there's traffic coming into Hillsborough Corner from Bradfield Road, but the knock on is that every car coming to the traffic lights from Holme Lane and wanting to go straight on is stopping before being sent left down Middlewood Road instead, which means that the Malin Bridge one way loop is at gridlock.

Hope this is sorted out quickly and that nobody was hurt in whatever has happened there.

i have just received a text to say that someone has been run over

i have just received a text to say that someone has been run over

Can confirm as I was walking along Bradfield Road to go to Lloyds Bank... It was at around 11:50am. I didn't see the accident, just so the woman sitting down on the floor and loads of people rushing around. Hope she's okay?.

Edited by the1

Can confirm as I was walking to along Bradfield Road to go to Lloyds Bank... It was at around 11:50am. I didn't see the accident, just so the woman sitting down on the floor and loads of people rushing around. Hope she's okay?.

Is it safe to suggest that maybe she was one of the idiots that still refuse to use the pedestrian crossing?

Could have been yes?, as it was bang opposite the Blue Ball Pub... Maybe she ran out when the cars had stopped and left a gap (as you do) when the lights are on green & was hit by the car travaling down Bradfield Road (heading towards the roundabout)?.

I hope the lady concerned is ok.

BUT

the above poster is right - Hillsborough is a nightmare for people (mainly NOT kids) walking out into the road and not looking, dunno what it is about the place but I'm constantly having to brake when someone just walks out into the road infront of me, mainly around the Heron Freezer shop area....

I hope the lady concerned is ok.

BUT

the above poster is right - Hillsborough is a nightmare for people (mainly NOT kids) walking out into the road and not looking, dunno what it is about the place but I'm constantly having to brake when someone just walks out into the road infront of me, mainly around the Heron Freezer shop area....

To be fair, if you cross opposite Wilkinsons its not obvious that there are two lanes running west towards Malin Bridge. I've been caught out there before where you think traffic has stopped and suddenly a car unexpectedly shoots up that inside lane.