Who has intellectual rights over school work ?

I can't see how it would be a booboo to make your objections known to the school. Please do let us know how it turns out.

Thanks, I know deep down that I have a moral right on this but you never know. I have thought a lot of people on this forum have spoke sence before only to have the most rediculas objections to their view.

I am going to object to the head and the board of governers. This has gone on for many years now and I do not think its right.

All schools raise funds by tapping into the parents' willingness to pay out for their children's efforts. It's usually not a huge price to pay for free education, but I know that sometimes yet another Fiver is just one too many.

I cannot think of any circumstances under which a school would refuse to give the parent work produced by their child, especially where the cost of materials is minimal. Have you considered simply asking for the art work without the frame, rather than going through a lengthy complaints procedure?

Yes, the school has stated that you cannot have it and is to be destroyed if not purchaced. This is why I ask the question to see if they should be allowed to do it as the work should belong to my child and not the school.

Like I said I have no problems with paying for materials used but I am not willing to pay £6.50 for a frame I can get from pound land.

Yes, the school has stated that you cannot have it and is to be destroyed if not purchaced.

Is that what it says on a letter with the picture, or is that what the school tells you when you explain that you don't have the spare money but would like your child's artwork without the frame? I suspect there will be some margin between the unfortunate "hard sell" and the actual outcome.

:D thats a bit of a long way round it, I think it would be simpler to crash the window at night, nip in to the display board and take the picture. The only draw back to this plan is I would have to take All the kids pictures to throw them off the scent. :P

Don't forget the wire for dangling from the ceiling and a smoke machine will be needed to show up the laser beams from the alarm system. Can you learn acrobatics to navigate your way through without tripping the alarm?

Archived