Gone but not forgotten

I was just reading some posts on a topic started by Albert T smith, who is no longer with us.

Perhaps members can post obituaries on deceased forum posters.

If I am wrong I guess what Mark Twain said would be appropriate"The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated." ( or something to that effect)

Albert was a one-off; a great bloke to judge from his Forum posts. His politics were quite simple (unreformed Old Labour) - he said what he meant and meant what he said. I would like to have met him, but had to be content with the odd PM. No doubt he'll be looking down from the Great Beyond and wishing he could have an Internet link.

R.I.P. Albert, dear old pal.

I dont come on here much nowadays so have just found this post.

I met Albert one day in the 'Surrey' for a pint, he had tea and he paid. He was interested in the Great War project i am still doing. He asked me what the most important bit of kit i needed. I said a copy of the 'Soldiers Died Great War' CD. This would save me hundreds in bus fares to view the one in the City Library. How much he say's? at the time £325.00 a copy.

Two weeks later, knock on door, Albert clutching said CD!! Enough said.

RIP Albert, and thank you once again.

Dean.

I met him many a time. He was a regular in the Walking Group until his health meant he could no longer come out with us. He was certainly a one off, generous, opinionated, a genuine character.

Never forget him offering to buy one of the other walkers a pair of boots because he thought she might be too poor to buy her own. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived