How do I get myself a website?

My 2 penneth

Learn a bit of html, it will always come in handy if you need to do a bit of tweaking as Sidla says.

There are plenty of sites out there,

Lissa Explains it all is very good for a complete beginner and Html Goodies once you get the jist of things.

I tried using some web authoring progs including Dreamweaver but I always go back to note pad as I find it gives you more freedom when creating a web page.

PS when your site is up get yourself a guest book so we can all sign it ;)

Dreamweaver is much too complex for a new user. There are far too many buttons and options and features that need to be set before you can start.

Frontpage (NOT Publisher as I mistakenly said earlier!) is much easier because it has the same layout and interface as Microsoft Word, which most people have used.

Our school has replaced Frontpage with Dreamweaver and the kids are finding it tough going.

Originally posted by alchresearch

Dreamweaver is much too complex for a new user. There are far too many buttons and options and features that need to be set before you can start.

Frontpage (NOT Publisher as I mistakenly said earlier!) is much easier because it has the same layout and interface as Microsoft Word, which most people have used.

Our school has replaced Frontpage with Dreamweaver and the kids are finding it tough going.

Get Dreamweaver. Get "Visual Kickstart Guide to Dremweaver". Get Dreamweaving. It's great. Frontpage is nice and quick but kludgy.

CarlWarker, if you have a domain name in mind, then I can roll up the whole thing into a hosting package for you for £00.00 (if you like). You get full control and my telephone number for when things go belly up!

Archived