EBay fees

I'm all for taking total responsibiltiy for ones own financial affairs and not moaning after the event if you drop the ball in any way.

As much as it pains me to admit a financial mistake, here it is:

I just sold an item on ebay for £379, ebay have charged me $102 for fees and a further £10 using paypal. So in total about £60 to sell this item, and I gave free delivery that also cost me £10 haha.

Excuse me while I go and stand in a corner to reflect on my stupidity lol.

How on earth do regular ebay sellers cope with fees like this? I haven't used ebay for a while, now I remember why.

They once charged me £38 in fees for an item which sold for £42 !

Dude that is so crazy yet from what I've just experienced I can totally believe it.

So stupid of me not to have read the fees policy before I listed, but still, damn.

I thought they took about 3% of the final value plus the listing fees?

9% now but I believe there is a sliding scale for motors etc .Ebay is way to expensive but the trouble is they have the market well and truly cornered,there are other auction sites ,ebid etc but to be honest they are a complete waste of time ,nothing sells,so you either stop selling or use ebay and swallow the fees

Yes, once upon a time.

They sent an email to all sellers a while ago saying how wonderful these new features are, oh, and by the way, the fees are doubling.

I've sold quite a bit of stuff in the past, but not anymore, I'd prefer to give it away.

As a buyer I also think the site's become almost unusable.

:rant:

I know, not sure why but I thought it was around 2.5% at the most. It appears they have charged me nearly 10% just for final value. I think that is a whole bunch of money just for one item. Silly me.

Archived