The maw family in Sheffield

Chop28

I am researching the Maw Family, My Great Great Great Grandfather was George Maw Born George Nelson Maugh Sr

Your 2nd great grandfather

Birth 18 Dec 1826 in Bransby, Yorkshire, England

Death 22 Jan 1875 in Owatonna, Steele, Minnesota, United States , he and his brother Henry Maw came over to the United States in 1835, if my memory serves me. They lived in Sheffield, England. George decided when he and his brother Henry got to the US. that he would change the spelling of his surname from Maw to Maugh, however, Henry kept the same spelling, Maw. I am trying to find out the names and vital statistics of George and Henrys Parents, they also had a sister named Ann Maugh. George married Laura Ann Phillips and they had 12 or 13 children, my great grandfather, their son was Seth Arba Maugh, and his son my grandfather was LeRoy Lester Maugh. If anyone knows any information about their parents, please contact me. I have been told their parents names were James and Mary Booth Maw, but I would like to know for sure. I want to trace them back further, knowing their parents names etc. I have been in touch with Paul Maw, I believe his first name is John, he is living in Sheffield, he gave me as much information as he could on his family, but I couldn't find a connection. I need to know if James, if that is his true name had any siblings as well.

You can send me and email to sandrac47@yahoo.com. Thankyou so much

• 3 months later...
Did Billy Maw have 2 sisters Pam and Patie Ann ? He must be about 65 years old. They lived in the top yard Dunlop Street next to the White Lion . The front door to the house would be on Carbrook Street.
i remember abillie and pat maw lived dunlop street j

Archived