Working mens clubs in sheffield ??

barmyowls

Ive not really been since the great dial house closed, But are they still doing well ??

There was at one time some good singers/bands at one time .

Do any forumers still go and whats the best club now ?

firthpark working mens club is still going, great bands sat, sundays, carling £2.13, jimmy carol was there sat night was great, idsworth rd

get ya self in

firthpark working mens club is still going, great bands sat, sundays, carling £2.13, jimmy carol was there sat night was great, idsworth rd

get ya self in

Jimmy Carol was great - i saw him at a pub/gig not so long ago. always had a big following at dial house.

As did gutterband and star/star i think gutterband are still going

Bellhouse is still going. They have rock nights on a friday with some great bands. Next good one is 18th Dec. Firth Park is ok - I was in Sat for Jimmy Carol but I have found that the singers they usually have on are a bit rubbish......which is why alot disappear after the bingo.

Bellhouse is still going. They have rock nights on a friday with some great bands. Next good one is 18th Dec. Firth Park is ok - I was in Sat for Jimmy Carol but I have found that the singers they usually have on are a bit rubbish......which is why alot disappear after the bingo.

kate that because jimmy does not come cheap, and its not feesable to have 2 main stage expensive turns on the same night.

no club in sheffield is currently banking big money...just keeping open is enough, bring back smoking and things would change..........

I think the other reason why clubs are not doing well is because there are not many young people in the working mens clubs. Last time i went to a working mens club, would say the average age of people was about 50

yep its true, however they are slowly getting more populer with the prices that pubs charge, which is over £2.80 a pint

plus the added thing of a good game of bingo, paying 23£ a house.

bring on the money lol

" smoking ban killed clubs and pubs"

depends if you like bigo i suppose, you dont see many younger people playing it. Yes some pubs charge a lot for drinks but if you look around you can get pubs that charge a lot less. I went to see my mate at the weekend in kiveton and went into the saxon and lager was £1.50 a pint, you cant get lager in a club at that price

Archived