Working mens clubs in sheffield ??

barmyowls

depends if you like bigo i suppose, you dont see many younger people playing it. Yes some pubs charge a lot for drinks but if you look around you can get pubs that charge a lot less. I went to see my mate at the weekend in kiveton and went into the saxon and lager was £1.50 a pint, you cant get lager in a club at that price

Agh a Sam smiths pub, they are really really cheap places!. Even in London. Odd company though(the brewery firm that is) but i quite like thier beer and lager range.

firthpark working mens club is still going, great bands sat, sundays, carling £2.13, jimmy carol was there sat night was great, idsworth rd

get ya self in

My Dads a regular in there and it always seems to be busy

Was that nicesheff saying he likes pasteurised and keg beer and lager.Me thinks that he talks double dutch see previous postings re Angel.

I dont recall saying i dont like good lager,

Sam smiths do a fantastic "pure brewed lager", really really nice and nothing like mass produced rubbish carling, fosters etc.

I also like proper german lagers.

Sheffield Lane Top is the only WMC in S5 that is regulary busy when you compare it to Firth Park, Bellhouse and Southey. They have a decent set up on a weekend, not usually too great on a friday though and bingo and Super 5 usually gets some good £££.

The only thing now is that they are cutting back, like every club and pub nowadays, but to be having a duo on for NYE is just a joke in my view.

are WMC still in existence? These are real throwbacks to the 1960's.....I thought they all vanished years ago....how mon earth do they stay in profit in this day and age I do not know...

Everytime I've been to Wadsley WMC it's packed out, because they sell drinks cheap basically and that's how they stay in profit, there packed and sell loads of ale! Go in your local boozer and it's half empty because they sell beer at twice the price.

Everytime I've been to Wadsley WMC it's packed out, because they sell drinks cheap basically and that's how they stay in profit, there packed and sell loads of ale! Go in your local boozer and it's half empty because they sell beer at twice the price.

Are they still MEMBERS ONLY places?

Archived