New Menu at The Rutland Arms - Brown St

Rutland Arms

We have tweaked our menu for winter, along with our daily specials and sandwiches. Also reviewed in Telegraph a few weeks ago. Hope to see some of you down there.

Andy

www. sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/foodguide/FOOD-REVIEW-Raising-a-glass.5858389.jp

(Sorry can't add link until do 5 posts)

Food Menu

Food served Mon – Sat 12-8 and Sunday 12-5

Mains

Glamorgan Potato Cakes with poached eggs and baked beans 6.50

Sausage & Mash: Pork sausages on a bed of creamy mashed potato with red wine gravy and caramelised onions 5.50

Belly Pork Sandwiches with apple sauce, strips of crackling and dressed leaves 4.95

Prime Steak Mince Burger topped with peppercorn sauce and red onion marmalade. Served with dressed leaves and thick-cut chips 6.25

Seafood Gratin with celeriac mash and buttered peas and carrots. 6.50

Chilli beef filled jacket topped with sour cream. Served with dressed leaves and coleslaw 5.25

Lambs Liver with spring onion and wholegrain mustard fried potatoes dressed in pan sauce. 5.75

Beer battered hallumi “burger” with garlic and chive mayo served with dressed leaves and thick cut chips. 6.00

Beef in Stout with herb dumplings, thick-cut chips and buttered peas and carrots. 6.75

Ham-hock Fritters with thick-cut chips, baked beans and poached eggs. 6.25

Sides

Chips 1.95 Onion Rings 1.95 Chip Butty 3.00

XMAS AND BUFFET MENUS NOW AVAILABLE

THE RUTLAND ARMS

86 Brown Street Sheffield

Tel:0114 2729003

E-mail: rutlandarms@hotmail.co.uk

Where is Brown Street? I would like to sample the menu. Will have to come one day. It all sounds delicious. Do I get a discount if I mention the forum :hihi:. Joking but it would be good :D

Brown Street is connected to Paternoster Row, it is the road that runs from the bus & rail station past the Showroom Cinema, Hallam Student Union, then curves round up to Eyre Street roundabout (near where Plug nighclub is and Berlins bar used to be.) The pub is on the bend.

As well as nice food there is nice beer too...

Whilst I've been impressed with the quality of the food at the Rutland, the quantity leaves a lot to be desired. I've eaten there with friends twice now and both times we were disappointed with the tiny portions.

Last time I had the lasagne with chips and salad and got 3 mouthfuls of lasagne, 8 chips arranged in a cube like a game of jenga and the "salad" was 3 tiny lettuce leaves! Not exactly good value for £6.50.

Ummmm, the Hallam Uni Burger. Woo and indeed yay

Err, isn't the Rutland a pub anymore.

What on earth are you gibbering about???

Anyway, will pop in tonight to try the new Steel City beer if there is any left, and might try the food if I can get a table.

• 2 months later...

Dragging up a slightly old thread here, but does anyone know if the above menu is still current and if they still serve food until 8pm on a Saturday?

Thought I better ask as this pub seems to change what is does, who runs it, when it's open etc. more than any I have ever know.

Archived