New Menu at The Rutland Arms - Brown St

Rutland Arms

Yes, it is good again now it is an independent free house rather than a Punch Taverns owned pub.

8 real ales, a traditional cider, Budvar lager, reasonable wine list, home cooked food and friendly service and the pub is busy again. Andy and his team are doing a good job there.

I am on holiday this week so don't have the full new menu - but Paul has changed it this Thursday just gone. Along the same lines as before, also we now open at 5pm on Sunday so no food then! Will be back to all day Sunday from March.

New Menu includes:

Homemade chicken kiev

Brocolli and walnut tart with a blue cheese potato salad

Ham Hock Nicoise

Rutland Burger with a stout rarebit topping

Pork Chops

and more. Will post full menu next week.

Hope you enjoy the pub and the Sheffield Tap.

Ta Andy

new menu yet Andy?

Popped in to warm up (and brace myself for indoor cold) before taps on my way home this weekend. They had on Crucible Best , Conquest, Hop Ripper Ipa, Sheffield Porter, Abbot Ale, Acorn Blonde, Derby Pale Gravitas as well as 3 real ciders and perrys. Upcoming seemed to be Ginger Stout, Gorlovka, Paradise Pale and Elizabeth Taylor.

Did not pay that much attention though as they has whisky on buy one get one free (or double for single). 25 to choose from and apparently they have been through loads since this startde so have missed some good 'uns I think. Tried and disliked the Welsh one ~(ordinary) but loved many of the others.

Will make the taps next week I am sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay - been some tweaks since inception last week. Sure will be some more. Current desserts are Ginger Bread with custard and chocolate brownie with cream.

Food Menu

Food served Mon – Sat 12-8

Mains

8oz Pork Chop pan-fired with mustard butter served on a bed of black pudding mash topped with apple sauce. 6.95

Fish Pie topped with chive mashed potatoes served with garlic bread and dressed leaf. 6.75

(v)Leek and blue cheese potato cakes on a bed of green beans topped with poached eggs 6.25

Pan-fried lambs liver with rissole potatoes and pan sauce. 6.00

Chicken nicoise with green beans, new potatoes and black olives. 6.95

(v)Hallumi Burger with garlic and chive mayonnaise served with thick cut chips and dressed leaf. 6.25

Lamb koftas in a spicy tomato sauce served in a warm flat bread topped with mint yoghurt and dressed leaf. 6.50

(v)Breaded Goats cheese medallions with pickled beetroot relish, mint yoghurt and dressed leaf. 6.50

The Rutland burger Prime steak mince burger topped with stout rarebit served with dressed leaf and thick cut chips 6.25

Sandwiches

Available 12-3 Monday - Friday

All our sandwiches are served on freshly baked home-made bread.

4oz rump steak with local stout rarebit 3.25

Tuna and spring onion with melted cheddar 3.00

(v)Fried hallumi with a spicy tomato chutney 3.25

Poached chicken with garlic and chive mayonnaise 3.25

Pork sausage with apple sauce 3.00

(v)The Rutland Butty with spicy tomato sauce, cheddar cheese and chips. 3.25

Archived