Big hitters of 50s and 60s

ukdobby

My goodness, I hope no young people are reading this tripe, quite what this list of neanderthals brought to the benefit of human kind has yet to be assessed.

Sheffield gangster chic from the 60s and 70s. What a load of absolute codswallop.

Half of them were gay he other half Police informers. ( I assume they were gay because they always seemed to be in the presence of other men). As to them being police informers,,,trust me,,,,

Ill sit back now and wait for the threats, ho hum.

hello keyboard warrior can i just ask how you know they were all gays and grasses?

they like each others company too much, always together,, few women, regards grassing, look at who did the porridge and who didnt, do the sums

a few did bird just alot of them had mugs to do there bidding for them. as for them been gay i think that may be true but i dint see why hanging about with men would make them gay.

Carol Bishop thats a name i havnt heard for a while......great hairdresser..if my mom was here shed tell you the best in sheffield ..nice lass was carol..used to come in boomerang when mi mom and dad had it in the early seventies..think she knew most of the guys above

Yes she had a son Danny with one of them. She was one of my mums best friends remember her well.

joe malone off the darnall/ attercliffe area was also ment to be one of the big ones was one of dennises best friends. shame now as he is about all of8stone and living in a nurseing home on darnall.

That's right, Joe Malone is my uncle

Where does Bunny Gray, Lish Boardman and Kieth Littlewood rate

in this?

Was bunny a bricklayer. i worked with a Bunny Grey who was a bricklayer on Hassells in the 60,s he was a real cockbird I went with him to watch Wednesday in 1966 cup run. At Huddersfield after the owls had won we went to a pub and the Huddersfield rugby club were in full song , Bunney decided he didn,t like them so threw his wellington at the juke box at the same time planting the lips on one of their women, Iv,e never run as fast in my life as i run that night.